Position Description (Team Lead – Early Childhood)
Acts as a shepherd to a team of volunteer leaders who act as a guide to the children and families of Westside encouraging spiritual growth through relationships while also looking for opportunities to connect and partner with parents as primary spiritual leaders in the lives of their children with the potential to participate in ministry at Westside. The Team Lead helps carries the vision, mission and strategy of loving Jesus, becoming like Jesus, and sharing Jesus to the volunteer team they oversee, implementing curriculum and programming designed by the Curriculum team.
This position is for the Westside Family Church Lenexa Campus and is a part time position for Early Childhood. This position reports to Kids Ministry Associate Director.
Description of Duties
- Lead out vision, mission, and values of Family Ministry and Westside.
- Champion the Lead Small movement of relationships and the gospel where adults and teenagers continually investing in the lives of kid so that every kid is known and loved.
- Oversee schedule of volunteers for the age group team they lead.
- Actively recruiting volunteers as well as coordinating organized Kids Ministry recruiting efforts.
- Collaborate with ministry associate director and curriculum team ensure spotless environments and effective delivery of curriculum, supplies and resources.
- Champion clear, effective and consistent communication to volunteer coaches and leaders in conjunction with larger Westside and Kids Ministry leadership strategies.
- Participate in select church-wide/ministry-wide functions, events and meetings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Associate Director and/or Kids Director.
This is a paid part-time position of 20 hours a week, with onsite hours occurring Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, with margin for occasional offsite time spent with recruitment, scheduling, and relationship building activities and meet-ups.
Qualifications, Skills, Gifts
- A personal and growing commitment to loving Jesus, becoming like Jesus and sharing Jesus.
- Commitment to volunteer ministry.
- Candidate must thrive in a team environment and recognize the need for collaboration.
- Candidate must have the ability to develop and lead volunteers who in turn organize and lead the ministry.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be relationally warm and friendly, able to create kind and loving environments for staff, volunteers and families.
- Candidate must be comfortable with computer/web-based technology and a quick learner of new technology.
- Candidate must be highly organized with the ability to troubleshoot, dream big and have a strong eye for detail.
- Willing to live in healthy biblical community with others, modeling what he/she is coaching others to do.
- Currently be a member of Westside Family Church of become a member of Westside within 90 days of employment.
Westside Family Church
8500 Woodsonia Drive
Lenexa, KS 66227
For inquiries please contact Melissa LaGree email@example.com To apply online click Application Form and follow instructions or you can send resume and references to Melissa LaGree, Westside Family Church, 8500 Woodsonia Dr, Lenexa, KS 66227.
1,050 total views, 6 views today