Position Description – Team Lead
Acts as a shepherd to a team of volunteer leaders who act as a guide to the children and families of Westside. The Team Lead becomes the primary leader to their team encouraging spiritual growth through relationship while also looking for opportunities to connect and partner with parents as primary spiritual leaders in the lives of their children with the potential to participate in ministry at Westside. The Team Lead also casts and carries the vision, mission and strategy of Family Ministry as well as the overall vision of Westside Family Church to the ministry team of volunteers they oversee, implementing curriculum and programming designed by the Central Kids Team.
This position is for the Westside Family Church Speedway Campus and is a part time position for Early Childhood. This position reports to Kids Ministry Associate Director.
Description of Duties
- Lead out vision, mission, and values of Family Ministry and Westside.
- Champion the Lead Small movement of relationships and the gospel where adults and teenagers continually investing in the lives of kid so that every kid is known and loved.
- Oversee master schedule of volunteers (managed by ministry team leaders) for grade school team.
- Actively recruiting volunteers as well as coordinating organized Kids Ministry recruiting efforts.
- Collaborate with central operations team to ensure spotless environments and effective delivery of curriculum, supplies and resources.
- Champion clear, effective and consistent communication to volunteer coaches and leaders in conjunction with larger Westside and Kids Ministry leadership strategies.
- Participate in select church-wide/ministry-wide functions, events and meetings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Kids Director and/or Family Ministry Pastor.
This is a paid part-time position with onsite hours occurring Tuesday, Wednesday evenings, Thursday, and Sunday, with margin for occasional offsite time spent with recruitment, scheduling, and relationship building activities and meet-ups.
Qualifications, Skills, Gifts
- A personal and growing commitment to loving Jesus, becoming like Jesus and sharing Jesus.
- Strong commitment to volunteer ministry.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and recognize the need for collaboration.
- Ability to develop and lead staff and volunteers who in turn organize and lead the ministry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relationally warn and friendly, able to create kind and loving environments for staff, volunteers and families.
- Comfortable with computer/web-based technology and a quick learner of new technology.
- Highly organized with the ability to troubleshoot, dream big and have a strong eye for detail.
- Must be willing to live in healthy biblical community with others, modeling what he/she is coaching to do.
- Must currently be a member of Westside Family Church or become a member of Westside within 90 days of employment.
Westside Family Church
8500 Woodsona Drive
Lenexa, KS 66227
For inquiries please contact Melissa LaGree email@example.com To apply online click Application Form and follow instructions or you can send resume and references to Melissa LaGree, Westside Family Church, 8500 Woodsonia Dr, Lenexa, KS 66227.