The vision and driving passion of Awana is that all children and youth will come to know, love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ. Awana missionaries carry out this vision through relationships with local churches. They assist local church leaders to develop and lead ministries related to children and youth in a way that works in their particular setting. Awana missionaries serve on a team whose responsibilities are guided by the Field Leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Build relationships with pastors, ministry directors and volunteers at assigned churches. Through the nurturing of these relationships, help churches establish ministry that works in their particular setting and develop to their full ministry potential.
- Expand the reach of Awana by starting the Awana ministry in new churches through networking with pastors and ministry leaders.
- Help local churches launch and implement effective Awana ministry by developing relationships with key church leaders and volunteers and providing leader equipping, coaching and/or guidance.
- Effectively communicate vision and information with donors, churches, and others in written form, various digital technologies, and live and video-based presentations.
- Maintain and promote clear lines of communication with Field Leadership and Awana headquarters. Report field activity in a timely and accurate manner, as requested.
- Raise funds for personal income and ministry expenses in accordance with the Awana Fully-Funded Policy. Demonstrate good financial stewardship of raised funds.
- Build and develop volunteer teams to serve the local church on behalf of and in conjunction with the Awana missionary. Identify, recruit, train, coach, motivate and empower volunteer team members. Lead this team in a way that honors God.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- A born-again child of God;
- Living a clean, wholesome, fruit bearing spiritual life;
- A member in good standing of a gospel-preaching church;
- A person of vision, burden, spiritual depth, initiative and faithfulness;
- A life-long learner.
- A clear, definite call of the Holy Spirit to the Awana ministry;
- A good working knowledge of the Word of God;
- The same doctrinal convictions as set forth in our Doctrinal Statement;
- If married, a spouse who is supportive of their ministry;
- A high degree of self-awareness and emotional intelligence demonstrated by relational comfort and the ability to exhibit professionally-appropriate behavior in social settings;
- Effective interpersonal skills, relating well to volunteers and staff at all levels.
Must be able to:
- Work well independently and in a team environment;
- Delegate when necessary;
- Treat others with respect and dignity;
- Accept accountability for actions;
- Exhibit an attitude of Christian discipleship, with a servant’s heart.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Considerate and tactful when addressing sensitive issues;
- Highly proficient in using technology to communicate, including phone, email, text, social media, and online video communication;
- Willing and able to learn and adopt new technology.
- Working knowledge of the Awana programs, products and services;
- Strong communication and public speaking skills;
- Strong consulting and problem-solving skills that will be effective in the local church environment;
- Excellent planning, coordinating, and research skills;
- Knowledge of basic marketing, advertising, and promotion concepts;
- Computer skills including Microsoft and Google products, typing proficiency, and database skills;
- Access to reliable, high-speed internet service.
Must be able to:
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of Awana Clubs International’s Doctrinal Statement and the ability to engage in conversation about it;
- Effectively present the Gospel of Jesus Christ;
- Effectively cast vision to leadership and ministry team members;
- Effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Effectively listen to constituents;
- Influence others through presentations to small and large audiences, representing Awana professionally and accurately;
- Apply concepts of basic mathematics to practical situations;
- Solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
- Travel frequently by car, air, or other forms of transportation;
- Attend to detail and deadlines;
- Take initiative to solve problems and manage workload;
- Resolve conflict constructively with individuals directly involved.
Education and/or Experience
A Bible Studies Certificate from a Bible College/Institute and/or seminary or equivalent training and experience. Basic Bible doctrine and Old Testament/New Testament surveys are recommended. Courses in Evangelism, Missions, and Christian Education are also strongly encouraged. Awana Club’s leadership and Awana Ministry Team experience or equivalent training are recommended but not required.
Must be set aside (commissioned) for missionary service by home church, with a Commissioning Service. May be Licensed or Ordained. Valid driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate including being able to talk and hear. The employee is also required to regularly utilize computer equipment (e.g., screens, mouse, and keyboard) to perform work. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk and carry 25 lbs. or more. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, and drive a car.
- Reports to the Work Group Leader
- Has frequent interaction with the Field Director
- Has some contact with the Field Leadership Team and Vice President of US Field Operations, Headquarters staff, International staff, and other Missionaries.
External: Has frequent contact with:
- Pastors, elders, deacons of the churches you serve
- Awana Ministry Directors
- Ministry Team Members
- Ministry Partners.
Headquarters located in–St. Charles, IL
This job is remote
381 total views, 3 views today