Worship and Small Groups Pastor
General Summary of Position:
This person will be charged with developing both the Worship and Small Group Ministries at Journey. He/she will be given freedom to develop and execute the strategies needed while keeping the Senior Minister and Elders informed on changes and strategy.
- Character: Shall be an example to believers and unbelievers alike in personal godliness (1 Timothy 4:12) and agree with the JCC statement of faith.
- Call: Shall believe that God has truly called him/her into ministry, and specifically this ministry. Passion for the un-churched and to see God work in Northeast NE.
- Credential: Shall have training, competence, and experience in areas needed to stretch and lead the core value ministry.
- Leadership: Shall have demonstrated the ability to lead, motivate and coordinate both volunteers and staff and work harmoniously in a team environment with other pastors and volunteer leaders.
- Develop Sunday morning services that facilitate worship and participation.
- Be responsible for both the “flow of the service” and the quality of the service.
- Recruit, train, equip, and oversee praise team members (vocalists and instrumentalists).
- Recruit, train, equip, and oversee A/V team members.
- Raise up new leaders and volunteers for both the music and A/V teams.
- Recruit, train, and equip Small Group leaders.
- Develop a system to connect people with Small Groups (Life Groups, Bible studies, etc.)
- Develop an overall Small Group strategy.
- Possibly develop sermon-based group material.
- Strong personal faith with the desire to connect others to the Grace of God.
- An ability to encourage others to walk with Jesus daily.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in worship.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit volunteers.
- Strong leadership, management and organizational skills.
- Experience in teaching and preaching as this individual may have preaching expectations.
- Technologically literate with strong communication skills.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Personal & Professional Growth:
- Demonstrate a commitment to becoming more like Jesus through the practice of various spiritual disciplines.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing knowledge and understanding of God’s Word.
- Model for the congregation what it means to help people find, follow, and be like Jesus.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development through reading books and articles, attending workshops, conferences and conventions, and listening to podcasts, etc. and share personal development plans and goals with the Elders for accountability.
- Maintain proper priorities at home with his/her spouse and children.
Journey Christian Church
1110 E. 7th Street
Wayne, NE 68787
1,435 total views, 9 views today