Worship Artist in Residence
The Worship Artist in Residence will be responsible for planning and leading the weekend worship experiences during the month of July.
Church Background: Located in Northern Virginia (NOVA), The Journey has been a growing and healthy church for over 50 years. The church is diverse and has a large military and government contingent. Because of this, it’s not uncommon for us to lose 20% of our people a year due to moving, but God keeps us growing! We offer 2 services and an average weekly attendance of over 400 people. Chad Simpkins has been the Lead Pastor for 5 years and on staff for another 2 years. He emphasizes leadership development through coaching leaders and ensuring that the staff models health for our church. The staff of 11 is a mixture of full and part time position, making for a fun, team-oriented culture. Our current Worship Pastor will be on leave the month of July.
- Work directly with Lead Pastor and teaching team to create Sunday worship experiences. 2. Keep Planning Center Online updated for team members and for weekly services. 3. Work with existing worship team coaches to plan services and schedule worship team members.
- Ensure the auditorium is set for Sundays, cleaned up, chairs are lined up, pre and post music is programmed, and that everything is ready for Sunday services.
- Support worship team members beyond normal interaction. Contact when missing, check on when sick, help as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Mature, growing, follower of Jesus who understands and lives out the Gospel. 2. Strong leading presence vocally and instrumentally
- Experience with leading worship, selecting theologically correct songs, building service plans that support the goals of the service – specifically the message – and recruiting, coaching and leading volunteer bands.
- Committed to spiritual integrity and authentic relationships.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- In agreement with our doctrine, mission, and values.
- Teachable, responsive, respectful and can adapt with a fast-paced organization.
$30 per hour. The base expectation is 20 hours per week, not to exceed 29 hours. Willing to increase this if additional experience can be used in the areas of technical programming (ProPresenter, Lightkey, sound mixing), graphic design, and/or video editing. Sunday mornings are required (at least 7am-12pm). Thursday nights are expected for worship rehearsal with team and flexible midweek planning. Tuesday staff meetings are preferred, or additional time can be scheduled for staff collaboration.
1,920 total views, 3 views today