Heber Springs FUMC is a conservative United Methodist Church located in the town of Heber Springs, AR, about an hour or so from Little Rock. The church is led by Senior Pastor Tommy Toombs who came on as the senior pastor about 10 years ago. The church currently has three Sunday morning services at 8:25a, 9:35a and 10:55a, all of which are different in their style. The first service offers a traditional style with no choir, second service offers a contemporary style in their Family Life Center, and the third service is a traditional style with a choir. Attendance currently runs around 700 each Sunday for their main worship services.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Director to lead their worship ministry for their contemporary service. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity to develop a church worship culture. Below are the requirements and responsibilities Froot Group has identified for this role:
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the worship ministry for the Contemporary Service:
- Song selection, transitions, special worship elements, and technology.
- Work with Pastors to increase congregational engagement in worship.
- Vision and execute opportunities for children and youth to participate in leading worship.
- Assist other ministry leaders in the church to coordinate worship services/elements as needed for their ministries.
- Vision and execute opportunities for worship ministry beyond the walls of the church.
- Identify, recruit, develop, and equip the Worship Team.
- Meet with the worship team members individually, and as a group.
- Find creative ways to recruit and incorporate new musicians into the team.
- Invest personally, musically, and spiritually in the team members.
- Develop leaders who can effectively lead worship when you are absent on Sunday mornings.
- Coordinate with the Media Technology Leader to develop Tech Team.
- As a member of the Church Staff, work to develop healthy working relationships with FUMC Heber Spring’s staff team.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and retreats.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Visionary leader with enough administrative skill to organize people and implement their vision for worship.
- Personable, contagious humility and authenticity, with a heart to love, encourage, and grow families spiritually in the church.
- Agreement with the beliefs, mission, and values of FUMC Heber Springs.
- Encourages servanthood over consumerism. Agrees with the worship philosophy of our church:
- Worship focuses on God.
- Worship helps people of all ages grow in their understanding of the gospel.
- Worship equips people for daily living as faithful disciples.
- Worship is a vibrant celebration of who God is and how God is present in relationship with God’s people.
- Minimum 3 years ministry experience leading contemporary worship.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work with AV/Technology to support and enhance worship services (projection, sound, hardware, software, etc.)
- Evidence of recent continuing education and personal development in worship leadership.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
For more information, visit the full church profile at: frootgroup.com/
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.
First United Methodist Church
1099 West Pine St,
Heber Springs, AR, 72543
2,394 total views, 12 views today