Reports to the Lead Pastor and oversees the music worship of all church activities and directly charged for its development and execution. A Worship Director is responsible for creating, continually improving, and implementing a vision to lead the church in engaging worship.
Currently there are two (2) styles of worship services (Traditional and Contemporary) in pursuit of sharing Jesus with Wichita. We currently average about 120 in attendance and are excited about how God will use this position to grow our body of believers.
Part time position approximately 30 hours per week. Compensation is based on education, training and experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college is preferred, but not required. 2-4 years’ experience minimum in leading worship services or other related musical careers.
- Ultimately accountable to God. Reports directly to the Lead Pastor for open communication amongst all staff members.
- Be a committed, immersed Christ-follower.
- Work with the ministry staff and elders of Cornerstone Christian Church to provide general leadership for the church
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with the Lead Pastor on creating a worship experience that reflects each sermon series.
- Plan and lead Sunday morning worship services.
- Recruit, train, mentor, and provide opportunities for volunteers (singers, musicians, sound, video, announcements, communion/offering meditations).
- Plan, organize, and lead weekly rehearsals.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of service production each Sunday (lighting, stage design, personnel scheduling, live-streaming, video production, etc.).
- Be creative and think outside the box as it relates to worship.
- Develop and manage the Worship Budget in consultation with the Financial Team and Lead Minister.
- Perform some of the general pastoral ministries of the church as needs arise (teaching, counseling, visitation, etc.)
- Keep regular office hours, participate in scheduled staff meetings and be generally accessible to the church as a ministry leader (within reason).
- Be passionate about worship and developing the worship experience at Cornerstone, keeping in mind our diverse age range and various spiritual needs of our congregation.
- Be a team player capable of maintaining and promoting healthy staff and volunteer relationships, being willing to collaborate with the rest of the leadership on various tasks and initiatives.
- Have a working knowledge in AV, worship stage equipment, and software with a willingness to grow in these areas.
- Vocal and musical talents/gifts required with a willingness to continue to grow in these areas.
- Strong communicator (written/verbal) and creative thinker.
- Ability to diagnose problems and work toward positive solutions (relationally and technologically).
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cornerstone Christian Church
5531 E 37th St N, Wichita, KS 67220
2,303 total views, 6 views today