Urbancrest is a southern Baptist church located in between Cincinnati and Dayton, OH in a town called Lebanon. The church is led by Senior Pastor Tom Pendergrass, who has been the Senior Pastor at Urbancrest for 28 years. Urbancrest offers two identical blended worship styled services at 9:30a & 11:00a on Sunday mornings. The church is currently seeing around 700 in total Sunday morning attendance. They are meeting in-person and are also live-streaming their services.
Urbancrest has been a significant influence in their community for many years as they have a heavy focus on outreach and missions. They have a high standard for excellence in their worship ministry and are aiming to bring on a new worship director who has the heart and ability to continue growing and modernizing the worship ministry. Pastor Tom’s heart is to find a worship leader to become close friends with, develop a strong rapport with, and for Tom to be their cheerleader and supporter.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Director to oversee their worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Be responsible for the planning and execution of any and all worship services.
- Work closely with senior leadership in providing, casting, and articulating the vision and mission of Urbancrest.
- Build strong relationships with volunteers on your team and members of the church.
- Responsible for the scheduling, resourcing, recruiting, training and development of musicians and worship leaders on the worship team and ensuring they are equipped to serve the church with excellence.
- Oversee and lead weekly rehearsals to prepare for Sunday services.
- Contribute to preparation and management of annual ministry and financial plans.
- Recruit and develop new volunteers for the worship and production teams.
- Provide expertise and coaching to band members and vocalists.
- Provide music and worship support for outreach and community events.
- Work closely and harmoniously with other staff members in providing music and worship for church-wide events.
- Give attention, maintenance, and care to all music and worship equipment and resources.
- Work with the Production Director to continue to increase the production value at Urbancrest.
- Other duties as assigned by senior leadership.
- Follower of Christ and has a lifestyle that demonstrates obedience to Him.
- Commitment to a daily devotional time that includes prayer and God’s Word.
- Has a passion for leading worship, leading and developing a team of volunteers, and solid administrative abilities.
- A creative-minded person that has a desire to think outside of the box.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and values of Urbancrest Church.
- Excellent in leading vocally and with an instrument, either guitar or piano.
- Experience in leading a multi-generational congregation in worship.
- Relationally engaging with others.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Has a working knowledge of running tracks through either Ableton, Prime, Playback, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- Preferred candidates will have at least 5 years of relative experience leading worship full time.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Urbancrest Baptist Church
2634 Drake Rd
Lebanon, OH 45036
For more information, view the FULL CHURCH PROFILE at frootgroup.com/urbancrest. To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.
947 total views, 9 views today