Gateway Christian Church is an independent Christian Church, located in a town called Mt. Sterling, KY, 30 minutes east of Lexington. The church is led by Senior Minister Bill Kilgore, who has been on staff for almost 30 years, and has been the Senior Minister for the last 12 years. The church currently has two Sunday morning services at 9:30a and 11:00a, both of which are identical with a modern worship style. Attendance currently runs around 150 each Sunday for their main worship services in person, with many others tuning in on the livestream. The church saw around 400 each Sunday for their main worship services pre-COVID.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Minister to oversee their modern worship ministry and services. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Lead the worship services each Sunday.
- Oversee all worship and tech aspects and elements of the church including weekend services, occasional midweek services, and special events.
- Oversee the worship and tech volunteers, and ensure a high standard of excellence of Sunday morning services.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of service production each Sunday (lighting, stage design, personnel scheduling, live-streaming, etc.)
- Recruit, train, and develop musicians, vocalists, and tech teams to assist in executing the Sunday morning services.
- Work closely with the Senior Minister to ensure worship experiences are effective and engaging.
- Plan, organize, and lead weekly rehearsals.
- Planning, facilitating, and implementing worship event programming (Easter, Christmas, etc).
- Provide direction and leadership for the worship ministry to ensure ministry vision alignment with church vision.
- Participation in all staff/leadership meetings/retreats.
- Growing Christlike faith and character.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the Church.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the Church.
- Deep love for the Lord and His people and an equally deep compassion for others.
- A people person who enjoys connecting with others in meaningful ways.
- Strong vocal and musical abilities required with a willingness to continue to grow in these areas.
- Can lead with either piano/keys or guitar.
- Understanding of modern sound, lighting, and video technologies with a willingness to grow in these areas.
- Working knowledge of software systems/platforms for worship ministry (ie: ProPresenter, OBS, Planning Center, etc).
- Has a working knowledge of running tracks through either Ableton, Prime, Playback, etc.
- Strong communicator (written/verbal) and creative thinker.
- Ability to diagnose problems and work toward positive solutions (relationally and technologically).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- Has at least 2 years of full time experience in a relevantly sized church/ministry.
Reports to: Senior Minister
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/gateway
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gateway Christian Church
801 Winchester Road
PO Box 1069
Mt. Sterling, KY 40353
990 total views, 3 views today