Woodside Bible Church is a non-denominational multi-site church located in Detroit, MI and the surrounding suburbs. The Royal Oak campus of Woodside Bible is led by Pastor Jon Morales who has been the Campus Pastor for over three and a half years. The church currently has three identical services offered at 9:00a, 10:30a, and 12:00p that all have a modern worship style. Attendance currently runs around 900 each Sunday for their main worship services.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Pastor to oversee their worship ministry at the Royal Oak campus. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with Woodside’s overall mission and vision. Below are the requirements and responsibilities Froot Group has identified for this role:
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with leadership in weekly service planning and review, including song selection, transitions, and creative elements.
- Leads three identical services each Sunday (more as needed to accommodate campus growth).
- Recruit and equip potential worship and tech team members.
- Owns the aesthetics of the worship center (auditorium), including stage designs.
- Oversees scheduling of volunteers and service programming via Planning Center Online.
- Works closely with the Woodside Creative Arts team in cooperative projects.
- Participates in leading worship occasionally at Woodside events outside of Sunday morning service (e.g., all-staff meetings, retreats, conferences, etc.).
- Creates systems and processes that enable effective planning of worship sets and services that better align all campus environments.
- Cultivates resources and growth opportunities for creative arts team members.
- Counsels team members one-on-one to help them develop a deeper
- understanding of the Bible.
- Foster a passion for following and worshipping Christ corporately and in their personal lives.
- Develop and influence the worship culture on campus.
- Helps to create and develop a culture of discipleship, organically and organizationally among the staff and within the church.
- Trains members and attendees in discipleship to help them grow in character, conviction, and competency.
- Assists in leading groups and leading and developing the leaders of groups.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Sincere relationship with Jesus as evidenced by a Christ-following lifestyle.
- Leadership and administration gifting.
- Skilled musician (guitar or keys) and vocalist with high level of musical competency.
- General knowledge of audio, lighting, video, and other production systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of music theory.
- Must be able to teach the Bible effectively in group settings and to individuals.
- Must have high-level relational skills and be able to build consensus among team members (staff and non-staff) within creative arts as well as other segments of the church.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
- Must be a flexible and teachable team player.
- Able to plan ahead and work in a dynamic timeline.
- Able to recruit and develop high capacity volunteers in ministry.
- Preferred candidates should have a bachelor’s degree
- Preferred candidates should have 5-10 years of worship-leading experience in mid-sized churches
- Ensures that all actions performed within the context of this job position accomplish and
- further the mission, vision and values of Woodside Bible Church (Belong, Grow, Reach).
- Adheres to the Statement of Faith as established and approved by Woodside Bible Church.
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Woodside Bible Church
6600 Rochester Road Troy, MI 48085
248 total views, 8 views today