Fall Creek Christian Church is an independent Christian church serving the needs of all generations in Pendleton and our surrounding communities. We feature both traditional and contemporary worship services in pursuit of our mission to lead people in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our plan to achieve this mission is three-fold: we Reach Up to live in pursuit and worship of God every day, we Reach In to fellowship with, minister to, and disciple each other, and we Reach Out is to share the good news of Jesus with the world. You can learn more about Fall Creek Christian Church by visiting our website and reading our Statement of Faith.
The role of worship pastor is a full-time position responsible for creating, continually improving, and implementing a vision to lead the church in engaging worship. This includes weekly services, as well as special events and outreaches.
- Plan traditional and contemporary services with senior pastor
- Primary musical worship leader in contemporary service, with regular presence in traditional service
- Recruit, train, mentor, and provide opportunities for volunteers (singers, musicians, sound, video, announcements, communion meditation)
- Coordinate and lead rehearsals for contemporary service, while also fully supporting traditional service
- Oversee and coordinate part-time technical support staff
- Ownership and direction for live streaming of service(s)
- Ownership and direction for video production (recording, editing, publishing)
- Enable success of other ministries/community groups whenever possible, with music and tech support
- Plan all sermon series with senior minister
- Continuously participate in preaching development courses, blogs, video presentations and evaluations with senior pastor
- Progress to a preaching frequency of up to 1x/month within 1-3 years.
- Time commitment early in the role to build relationships with the entire church family is critical to success. Actively supporting seniors, women’s, men’s, kids and teens events is needed.
- Be present at church events
- Active participation in Life group(s)
Graduate of an independent Christian Church/Churches of Christ-affiliated/Restoration Movement college or university.
- Jesus first, family second, ministry third
- Love everybody always.
- Love never makes a promise it doesn’t keep.
- Love never asks from someone before it knows and gives to someone first.
- Love finds a way to say “Yes.”
- Love is quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.
- Love respects a person’s “No.”
- Love seeks to serve not to be served.
- Love is humble, kind, respectful, and teachable at all times.
- Love works hard to make others successful.
- Love is available even when it’s inconvenient.
- Love respects that all change, big or small, is a process not a decision. (People get down on what they are not up on.)
- Love works harder and longer than anyone else.
- Love always takes responsibility.
- Love is not arrogant or patronizing.
- Love is real, never acting fake.
- Love always encourages.
Fall Creek Christian Church
1102 W 700 S
Pendleton, IN 46064
Mike Neff, Elder
852 total views, 3 views today