First Evangelical Covenant Church is a Covenant Church located in Grand Rapids, MI. The church is led by Senior Pastor Craig Swanson, who has been the senior pastor at the church for 18 years. Being right outside of the city, FECC has a lot of potential for growth as Grand Rapids has become a popular place to relocate over the years. The heart of the church is to be missionally minded for their community and that heart translates to how they approach what church looks like on Sunday mornings. The church currently has two different styles of Sunday morning services. The traditional service is at 9:00a and the contemporary service is at 10:30a. Attendance currently runs around 350 each Sunday for their services in person, with many others tuning in on the livestream. The church saw around 500 each Sunday for their main worship service pre-COVID.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Pastor to oversee their worship ministry while primarily leading in the contemporary service. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Serve as the primary leader in the worship services each Sunday, primarily hands-on in the contemporary service while overseeing the volunteers serving in the traditional service.
- Oversee all worship aspects and elements of the church (Sunday morning services, special services, large or small group seminars or training, partnering with existing groups to focus on worship, etc.).
- Pastor the church through theologically sound worship songs sung together corporately.
Behind the Scenes
- Provide direction and leadership for the worship ministry to ensure ministry vision alignment with church vision.
- Plan, organize, and lead weekly rehearsals.
- Oversee the worship and tech volunteers, and ensure a high standard of excellence of Sunday morning services.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of service production each Sunday (lighting, stage design, personnel scheduling, live-streaming, etc.)
- Recruit, train, and develop musicians, vocalists, and production teams to assist in executing the Sunday morning services.
- Aim to raise up other worship leaders in effort to replace yourself through development and discipleship.
- Spend significant time throughout the week building relationships with worship and production volunteers.
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor to ensure worship experiences are effective and engaging.
- Participate in all staff/leadership meetings/retreats.
- Participate in the general pastoral ministry of the church.
- Deep love for God and a heart for leading His people to the Throne in worship.
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for church leadership.
- Commitment to the mission and values of FECC.
- Willingness to be a team player and have chemistry with the rest of the staff.
- An outgoing personality.
- Competent vocal and musical abilities required with a willingness to continue to grow in these areas.
- Can lead with either piano/keys or guitar.
- Understanding of modern sound, lighting, and video technologies with a willingness to grow in these areas.
- Working knowledge of software systems/platforms for worship ministry (ie: ProPresenter, Planning Center, Ableton, etc).
- Strong organization, creative and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, without the need for micromanagement.
- Strong visionary.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- Has at least 5 years of experience leading in a relevantly sized church/ministry.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/fecc.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Evangelical Covenant Church
1933 Tremont Blvd NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
1,082 total views, 6 views today