Davison Missionary Church (DMC) is a Missionary Church located in the town of Davison, MI, about 15 minutes east of Flint and 60 miles north of Detroit. With a population of about 5,000, Davison has a small-town feel, but close enough to larger cities to find what you need. They are a church that averages about 275 each Sunday. The church is led by Senior Pastor Jason Crum who came on as the pastor about 2 years ago. The church currently has one Sunday morning service at 10:00a. DMC is excited to see how God will use new leadership to take their existing program into the future with new and creative ideas. DMC worship services are blended which cherishes the richness of tradition and the freshness of the contemporary that honors God. DMC is making a name worth noting in their community. Known for their friendliness and with their new youth/outreach building, the Hub, more and more of the community are visiting.
Davison Missionary Church is looking for a new Worship Pastor. With a solid reputation in their community, DMC is excited to see how God will use new leadership to take our existing program into the future with new and creative ideas. DMC worship services will be a “both/and” blend which cherishes the richness of tradition and the freshness of the contemporary that honors God. Their desire is that the next Worship Pastor will not only be a skilled musician, but will also be a strong leader who is able to shepherd, teach, and most importantly has a deep love for Jesus and for seeing others grow in their love for Him.
The primary role of the worship pastor is:
- To craft an engaging and excellent worship experience.
- To be a gifted musician and a relentless recruiter that will bring about life change.
- To remain up to date on the latest trends and movements for worship within the local church.
- The worship pastor will oversee the general music programs of the church in consultation with the senior pastor.
- Lead all aspects of planning and performance of the worship service(s).
- Develop and schedule teams of musicians and vocalists.
- Organize and lead practices.
- Assume pastoral and discipleship care of the worship and A/V teams.
- Define a weekly, monthly, and quarterly plan for worship at DMC.
- Communicate the standards of excellence with various team leaders and staff.
- Recap and discuss highs and lows in worship with pastoral staff.
- Develop various teams of musicians for future growth and development.
- Develop a musical growth strategy for students and volunteers.
- Provide technical support in sound, media and lighting as needed.
- Manage and maintain stage design.
- Manage musical instruments and their maintenance.
- Manage computers, sound and video equipment used in worship.
- Manage volunteer schedules for tech ministry.
- Oversee sound/video/light ministry.
- Prepare and input media for services (in coordination with Media Director).
- Check and prepare stage sound equipment.
- Plan lighting design for worship services.
- Oversee worship for student ministries.
- Work with the Youth Pastor to coordinate the services.
- Lead worship for student ministries and events.
- Help develop student talents and leadership.
- Develop and manage the music budget.
General Pastoral Responsibilities
The worship pastor will:
- Maintain regular office hours in cooperation with pastoral staff.
- Work with pastoral staff to provide leadership of the church when other staff members are away for meetings, vacations, etc.
- Represent Davison Missionary Church at associational and denominational meetings, as well as promote the various associational and denominational ministries (camps, etc.).
- Perform general pastoral ministries of the church (teaching, counseling, visitation, etc.).
- Be involved and help oversee a Young Adult Ministry.
- Attend relevant board and committee meetings.
Required Background and Skills:
- A Christian with deep spiritual and moral convictions.
- Agreement with the doctrinal position of Davison Missionary Church and will join the church.
- Ability to lead, organize, and supervise.
- Proficient in church software such as Planning Center and ProPresenter.
- Team player: contributes to overall vision, goals, and ministries of the church.
- Self-starter; self-motivated.
- Works well within the pastoral and church culture.
Preferred Background and Skills:
Reports to the senior pastor on a day-to-day basis. The worship pastor shall keep the senior pastor informed of objectives, programs and work schedules. The worship pastor shall be elected to serve so long as duties are satisfactorily performed and relations among the pastoral staff and the congregation are cordial. Termination or resignation shall be preceded by a 30-day written notice.
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Primary Focus: Shaping and leading the Worship Culture of Davison Missionary Church
Davison Missionary Church
1481 N Gale Rd
Davison, MI 48423
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
712 total views, 6 views today