Fall Creek Church is a multi-generational Southern Baptist Church in Indianapolis, IN built on solid expositional preaching and intentional small groups. The church is located on the northeast side of Indianapolis and borders the city of Lawrence, IN.
The Worship Pastor at Fall Creek Church (FCC) aims to lead people to worship Christ corporately and to equip them to embrace a lifestyle of worship that, by God’s grace, influences every area of life. The Worship Pastor oversees the Worship Ministry at FCC, which utilizes music relevant to current cultural trends as means of engaging people with timeless, biblical truths. The Worship ministry is committed to helping achieve the overall mission of the church: Building relationships that lead people to become passionate Christ followers who produce passionate Christ followers.
The church is seeking the right candidate to lead as the new Worship Pastor. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role.
To facilitate passionate, Father-glorifying, Christ-exalting, Holy Spirit-empowering worship within the generations of people that comprise FCC with the aim of mobilizing them to deeper growth and devotion and expansive outreach.
- Oversee and provide direction for all musical groups and musicians at FCC.
- Identify, train, mentor and shepherd a new generation of musicians and worship leaders. Set an environment and expectation for personal spiritual development among team members.
- Establish a creative planning process to design worship and other special outreach services. Consult with pastoral staff regarding the topic, selection of music, and special elements for each service.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd sound/video techs and implement necessary changes in system and auditorium to increase participation.
- Lead and develop deep relationships while effectively communicating with tech and musical lay staff.
- Lead the musical aspects of corporate worship:
- Select and prepare all music, develop song sets, incorporating theological truth and depth with a focus on contemporary worship at a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- Rehearse, coordinate, and lead worship teams.
- Coordinate music with the sound and computer technicians.
- Schedule all special music and all personnel for services.
- Able and willing to adjust musical style to remain sensitive to the congregation and simultaneously relevant to cultural music trends/techniques.
- Promote the worship life of the church:
- Develop and implement the church’s music vision.
- Encourage congregational participation.
- Recruit and disciple singers, musicians, and technical personnel.
- Invest in the development of Student Ministry Worship.
- Lead all production equipment initiatives, including but not limited to audio, video, lighting, and broadcast/streaming.
- Provide oversight for the technical needs of the church:
- Capable of troubleshooting, repairing, connecting, and dealing with church sound equipment and musician’s personal equipment.
- Create ProPresenter (or similar program) presentations, including edits.
- Perform cabling and equipment repairs.
- Research better techniques and equipment to implement in order to improve the Sunday morning experience, as the budget allows.
- Regularly update the stage design to help “create an atmosphere” that is reverent, engaging, exciting, and complimentary to the overall worship experience.
- Oversee and manage music ministry administrative requirements:
- Utilize software and other tools to expedite scheduling and planning (like Planning Center).
- Develop and coordinate the music ministry calendar with musicians and tech personnel at least two weeks in advance.
- Show flexibility in event staffing and assisting others in various church-related ministries.
- Maintain effective communication with other ministry staff to ensure that all worship services and other ministry responsibilities are executed to the standards of Fall Creek Church.
- Assist in other activities as requested by the Senior Pastor, including visitation, weddings, and funerals.
- Administrative Expectations:
- Provide reasonable reports on ministry goals and progress as requested.
- Maintaining expenditures within budget.
- Being present for Staff Meetings, absent approved Paid Time Off.
- Involvement in all Sunday morning services, absent approved Paid Time Off.
- Reasonable office hours as agreed to by the supervisor and Personnel Committee.
- Execute all other duties as assigned.
- A disciple of Jesus Christ who personifies a growing relationship with Him and demonstrates a genuine love and passion for serving the Lord.
- An individual that ascribes to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- A person who pursues the heart of God in personal worship.
- An ability to lead and draw people into corporate worship that is reverent and filled with rejoicing.
- An appreciation for and ability to lead music that relates to all generational groups, using a contemporary music style.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates an attitude of servant leadership and humility.
- An ability to recruit, develop, and shepherd those involved in the worship ministry.
- A strong upfront leader with vocal gifts and abilities to create a worship environment that touches the heart of the believer, appeals to the head, and draws people to Christ (John 4).
- Skilled instrumentalist (keyboard and/or guitar) with a practical understanding of music.
- Knowledge of audio, video, and other technical areas with ability to recruit, train, and shepherd tech team members.
- The ability to work with video equipment and editing software.
- A humble attitude/willingness to be discipled/mentored by Senior Staff.
- A team player who is comfortable leading teams.
- Ability to think conventionally and “outside the box.”
- A growing believer who has followed through in believer’s baptism.
- A degree from a Christian college and/or seminary, preferred not required.
- Willingness to heartily agree with FCC’s doctrine and mission.
Fall Creek Church
8901 Fall Creek Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46256
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.
For more information, view the full CHURCH PROFILE at frootgroup.com/fallcreek
717 total views, 6 views today