Rappahannock Church of Christ is located about 50 miles northeast of Richmond, VA in a town called Warsaw, VA. The church is led by Lead Minister Walker Gaulding, who has been the lead pastor for 20 years, and Associate Minister Nathan Jones, who has been on staff for about a year. The church is a non-denominational Christian Church out of the restoration movement.
Attendance on Sundays averages around 500 in person each week. Currently, the church offers two services: 9:00am and 10:45am Sunday morning. The two Sunday morning services are identical, though the style varies from week to week of the month, which is currently being changed. Eventually every week will be a fully modern worship style.
Rappahannock’s heart and vision is to be a light in their community. Over the past several decades the church has always had the will and desire to do whatever it takes to reach the hurting and the lost in their community. They have an incredible facility that gets used throughout the week for various different ministries. The church is seeking the right candidate to join their staff as the new Worship Minister to lead and oversee their worship ministry. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role.
- Plan, organize and be an enthusiastic presence for leading worship for our weekend worship services.
- Give vision and direction to the overall worship and production ministry.
- Learn the unique culture of the Northern Neck and Rappahannock Church of Christ.
- Help us lead from our current model to one that is more organized, united, and accessible for new volunteers.
- Provide guests, both in-person and online, with an excellent worship experience.
- Schedule teams and distribute music using Planning Center.
- Provide leadership for the band in rehearsals and services.
- Recruit and develop worship and production volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Lead Minister to plan and organize weekend worship experiences.
- Create and implement an onboarding process for new volunteers.
- Create and implement a process for ongoing volunteer development.
- Must be a mature believer that demonstrates an intimate and growing relationship with Christ.
- Must be a man of integrity, be a team player able to collaborate with a church staff and Elder/Pastor team, have a servant’s heart, be doctrinally sound, and be emotionally and relationally mature (see 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9).
- Committed to reaching people who are far from God.
- Comfortable leading from the front as well as behind-the-scenes.
- Willing and able to recruit and develop volunteer teams.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Collaborative by nature.
- Comfortable leading worship for a multi-generational congregation.
- Must have experience with relative worship softwares such as Planning Center, ProPresenter, and preferably Ableton/Prime/Playback.
- Advanced level of vocal and musical competency.
- Able to play at least one instrument, preferably acoustic guitar or keys.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, though not required
- At least 3 years of full time worship leading experience previously at a church of similar size and style is ideal.
Rappanhannock Church of Christ
Warsaw, VA 22572
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.