Youth and Families Minister
This is an associate ministry position at the Watonga Christian Church located in Watonga Oklahoma. This ministry shall work together with the overall mission and ministry of the Church in Watonga through promoting Christ to the youth and young families of the Church and community.
Watonga is the county seat of Blaine County, Oklahoma. It is a small community of around 3,000 people located approximately 60 miles northwest of Oklahoma City. It has the comforts of small town living with access to big city activities when desired.
Scope of Responsibility
The Youth and Families Minister shall work within the vision and mission of WCC and will serve under the direction of the Senior Minister and the church board. The Youth and Families Minister shall be responsible for coordinating youth programming and discipleship for ages K-12.
- Plan and coordinate youth and family ministry activities that prioritize Biblical teachings and discipleship of our youth.
- Develop and help equip volunteer leaders in the youth ministry, according to their own gifts and abilities.
- Be available to the youth, parents and church members as needed.
- Establish goals for this ministry program with plans for accomplishing and reaching goals.
- Develop yearly set of planned activities, functions, retreats, etc., submit to the Senior Minister and Elders and communicate to parents and congregation.
- Develop well in advance planned activities for the youth including but not limited to, camp dates, VBS, CIY, special service projects and our Children’s Christmas Program.
- Be aware of different local school, community and extra-curricular activities that our youth are in and make an effort to support these endeavors.
- Develop activities and classes for high school and junior high youth.
- Develop the positive environment to engage others in accepting responsibilities for various aspects of the Family and Youth ministry.
- Oversee the Children’s Church Program.
- Stay informed and up-to-date on resources and strategies that can be utilized in implementing, maintaining and moving this ministry forward.
- Be available to preach as needed or directed in absence of senior minister.
- Plan and preach in Youth Sunday’s – 5th Sunday.
- Complete a monthly report to be shared with the Church Board on what is happening with the youth programs and future plans.
- Attend scheduled church services.
- Plan and execute various youth fundraising events throughout the year.
- Advise the Senior Minister and Church Leadership of any issues or conflicts with youth, family or parents.
- Strong faith and commitment to the calling of serving the Lord as a Youth and Families Minister.
- Continual growth in knowledge of God’s world for both professional and personal development.
- Proven ability in working with youth and families.
- Interpersonal and administrative skills including a demonstrated ability to lead Bible study, organize activities, communicate ideas and use time effectively.
- Work as a team with the other Watonga Christian Church staff and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree in youth ministry or an equivalent degree from an accredited Bible College or University; relevant experience may also be considered.
- Possesses an understanding and experience in the implementation of discipleship principles.
Salary and Benefits.
Salary based upon experience. Also included is a newly renovated parsonage (2018).
Visit WCC at www.watongachristian.com
Pastor Adam Lovitt
2,250 total views, 3 views today