Youth and Worship Pastor
Position Summary and Purpose
First Covenant Church is seeking a full-time pastoral position to join its staff to provide leadership to our youth and worship ministries. Approximately 70% of the job will be attending to Youth Ministry (7th-12th grades). 30% of the job will be leading the music ministry in collaboration with the staff and church musicians. The goal of this position is to help the church further its mission to Glorify, Grow and Go.
Qualifications / Skills/ Character:
- A personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrable spiritual maturity and an emotionally healthy life.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of First Covenant Church.
- Possess an understanding of the life stages of middle and high school students and an ability to connect with them.
- Skilled musician that seeks to hold a healthy balance between performance quality and pastoral presence.
- Demonstrate servant leadership and a passion to care for and develop leaders.
- Self-motivated, efficient and able to prioritize tasks.
- Positive contributor to a healthy staff team environment.
- Maintains confidence and exercises discretion.
- Flexible, adaptable, and teachable.
- Works with authenticity in accordance with the Covenant Affirmations, Constitution and
Bylaws of this congregation, and the ECC’s ministerial ethical guidelines.
- Academic training and Biblical/Theological training (minimum of bachelor’s degree; ideally holds a seminary degree or willing to pursue one).
- Credentialed pastor with the ECC or willing to pursue Covenant credentialing.
Youth Ministry Responsibilities
- Lead and organize a Biblically-based youth ministry that draws students into lives of worship, fellowship, discipleship, evangelism, and service.
- Specific youth programing at FCC may include:
- Youth Group.
- Service Projects.
- Seasonal Retreats and Camps.
- Bible Studies.
- Provide pastoral care and relational ministry to students.
- Create a relevant and engaging atmosphere that will reach students with a goal of helping them grow into committed followers of Jesus.
- Coordinate intergenerational opportunities.
- Develop a vision and ministry plan and recruit, equip, and develop a Youth Ministry Team that will help implement it.
- Provide regular and proactive communication to the students, their families, and ministry volunteers.
- Work to provide a safe environment for our students through proper training and educating of volunteers.
Worship Ministry Responsibilities
- Direct our worship band ministry through prayerful preparation, planning, and execution of rehearsals.
- Recruit, develop, and train worship team members to fully utilize their giftedness, developing a sense of community and mutual support among the members.
- Recruit, equip, and coach other band leaders that can share the leading of the worship team on Sunday mornings and in rehearsal.
- Provide opportunities for children and youth to engage through our worship ministry.
- Provide clear and timely communication to all team members and efficiently manage their scheduling.
- Create a diverse array of opportunities for people to encounter Jesus through worship.
- Work in collaboration with our Lead Pastor to plan and implement Sunday morning worship services.
- Work in collaboration with our Lead Pastor provide guidance and discipleship to our congregation that leads people to live lives of worship beyond Sunday mornings and beyond music.
Other General and Pastoral Responsibilities
- Participate in Area Leaders and Leadership Team meetings as directed by the Lead Pastor.
- Plan personal time for spiritual grow.
- Develop and manage the Youth Ministry and Worship Area budgets.
- Participate in weekly staff meeting and regular consultation with the Lead Pastor.
- Participate in personal/professional development opportunities made available through the Midwest Conference and the Evangelical Covenant Church denomination.
- Provide proactive communication and collaboration with the church office regarding administrative support.
Other duties as assigned
The Associate Pastor of Student and Worship Ministry is a salaried position with pay commensurate to the requirements and experience of the candidate. This is a full-time position with benefits that include health insurance, retirement plan contributions, paid time off, and reimbursements for mileage, ministry, and professional development expenses.
First Covenant Church
411 S Ohio Ave
Mason City, IA 50401
Apply: Send a note of interest and resume to Pastor Steve Johnson ( email@example.com )
42 total views, 6 views today