Youth Group Leader – Paid Part Time
Council Hill Christian Church (CHCC) is seeking an energetic and innovative individual to shepherd and serve in our growing youth group programs.
Council Hill is located south of Wichita, Kansas in the middle of corn and wheat fields on the out skirts of the small town of Peck, KS. We are in the middle of several area towns, so our kids come from Clearwater, Belle Plaine, Wellington, and Mulvane. We try to focus on the local communities that surround the church by having outreach events to help us to connect with these families to build relationships with CHCC.
We are looking for a part-time youth minister/leader to lead our youth ministries. We are a growing congregation averaging 80-100 on Sunday morning with around 20-35 in kids’ ministry. The main responsibilities of this position will include planning and teaching youth group several times per month and to lead a small group study. Youth activities throughout the year, along with leading older youth, to include but not limited to, middle school, high school and college aged. All lists are not all inclusive but provided as guidelines.
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, discipleship and ministry and mission opportunities.
- Provide spiritual direction as needed to youth on an individual basis if needed.
- Review and prepare supplies and activities for Youth Group.
- Administrative duties to include, but not limited to marketing, social media, and forums.
- Participate in VBS and Prairie View Christian Camp (PVCC) as available.
- Manage student fees for events and trips in a timely manner.
- Plan, organize, and attend annual youth events, to include but not limited to youth group events and fundraisers with assistance.
- Seek to make youth a priority and integrate them into all phases of church life to create a culture discipleship.
- Participate in graduation / life events recognition to include but not limited to, along with awards as necessary.
- Lead weekly Youth Group one night per week, with one other monthly outing activity.
- Participate and coordinate with DFYM lock-ins or other youth activities.
- Assist with evening programs as needed once per month.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the beginning of any scheduled event to ensure the necessary members / staff and items are in place.
- Make sure church facilities used for events are returned to original status at the conclusion of the event (for example, all items needed for the event are properly stored and all trash collected and disposed of).
- Grow the number of participants in the program by reaching out to middle and high school young people, church attenders not currently involved and through community events recruit young people not currently attending church.
- Be an ACTIVE MEMBER of a Christian Church.
- Improve youth ministry practices by reading appropriate material and taking classes.
- Meet with the pastor and director of family life / youth ministries on a regular basis for mentoring, encouragement, direction, support, and problem solving.
- Report to the director of family life and participate in yearly job performance review.
- Work closely with the director of family life ministries to assure goals and objectives are achieved.
Job Skills and Requirements:
We are looking for someone who loves the Lord and has a heart to serve the youth. We need someone who will let the Holy Spirit lead and guide them to ministering to students of the kingdom who need accountability in growing in their walk with the Lord. Along with preaching the gospel and leading those who don’t know the Lord, yet.
You are encouraged to have a full-time job and do this ministry on the side.
- Must be a baptized believer in Jesus Christ.
- Must show consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, fulfilling the biblical qualifications.
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Leadership experience in youth/student ministries preferred but not necessary.
- One who is gifted for youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach.
- One who is self-motivated capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry and possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
- Degree from Christian University/Bible College preferred but not necessary.
- One with a strong biblical background who is in agreement with the church’s statements of principles and is capable of teaching others.
- One who possesses basic administrative and communication skills.
- Must pass a background check.
Estimated Hours: 8-10 hours per week average.
Starting Salary: $125.00 per week or $500.00 per month average.
Council Hill Christian Church
1268 N Seneca Rd
Peck, KS 67120