Norwin Christian Church (NCC) is looking for a capable and energetic Youth Minister to join its staff team consisting of a Preaching Minister, Associate Minister, Christian Education Director, Director of Children’s Ministries, and Director of Media & Technology. The church’s weekly attendance of about 500 people (pre-COVID) includes 160 children in sixth grade and younger and 40 to 60 middle and high school students. NCC is located in southwestern Pennsylvania in the growing suburban communities of North Huntingdon and Irwin (combined population of 39,500), which lie 20 miles southeast of the city of Pittsburgh and provide access to a variety of professional sports, performing and fine arts, high tech industry and many colleges and universities. The Norwin School District serves both communities and has an attendance of 5,000 students. NCC also draws members from the surrounding communities and students from about six other neighboring school districts. The area provides great opportunity to reach large numbers of people to share the love of Christ.
The Youth Minister at Norwin Christian Church will provide leadership in all areas of middle and high school ministry and support in the areas of children’s ministry. The main goal for this role is the development of a Christ-like character in all our youth and youth leaders and to enhance our outreach into the community so that others will come to know Christ. The applicant will be a team player who is able to work with and take direction and instruction from other members of the staff and the elders. The applicant must be in agreement with the beliefs and doctrine of Norwin Christian Church.
A 4-year degree from a Christian College and previous experience with counseling youth and interacting with their families is preferred, but other relevant experience and degree will be considered.
A. Development, Implementation, and Coordination of all Youth Ministries and Programs for Middle (7th- 8th) and High School (9th-12th)
- Enhance and oversee the overall Youth Ministry at Norwin Christian Church
- Provide regularly scheduled events and activities to engage the youth of NCC and the community including weekly Youth Group, CIY, and other events as deemed appropriate by Youth Minister and elders
- Maintain an “outreach” focus in all youth activities
- Provide opportunities for youth to develop and improve Bible literacy and knowledge with a goal of application to their lives
- Be responsible for developing and implementing a yearly Youth Ministry budget
B. Support Children’s Ministries (K-6th grades)
- Work in partnership with Director of Children’s Ministries to create and participate in occasional activities with the children of this age group with the goal of building relationships with them prior to their transition to the Youth program
- Participate in VBS during the summer along with the other staff members
C. Recruitment and Training of Volunteer Staff for the Youth Programs
- Oversee the recruiting of volunteer staff
- Develop volunteer staff training materials and lead training sessions
- Participate in the evaluation of volunteer staff for the purpose of encouragement and direction
D. Work in conjunction with the elders, staff members, and volunteer leaders in areas relating to their ministry
E. Communicate effectively with parents, staff and church leadership council
F. Participate in general leadership council and staff meetings
G. Preach in the main service approximately 2-4 times per year
H. All other duties as assigned
If you believe that God is calling you to serve in the above-mentioned ways, please send your resume, references, and contact information to us at Norwin Christian Church, 9610 Barnes Lake Road, North Huntingdon, PA 15642 Attention: Jim Murray or send via email to email@example.com.
Norwin Christian Church
9610 Barnes Lake Road
Irwin, PA 15642
1,026 total views, 3 views today