Youth Pastor Job Description
Our vision is to enlarge the Kingdom of God by striving to be a Christ, Family, & Community oriented Church.
The Youth Pastor works to provide a transformational environment that will disciple students (6th-12th Grade). You will oversee the current education models for youth and creatively introduce new ministry methods.
The YP’s supervisor is the Lead Pastor and indirectly the Elders and Board. You must have a good working relationship with Staff, Elders and Ministry Teams. All programs, expenditure plans, and strategies will be shared with the Lead Pastor for counsel and to insure a consistency with the vision of the Church and calendar.
- Be a mentor to youth.
- Provide environments that produce spiritual transformation in the lives of the students & youth leaders.
- Be a resource person and assist the Christian Education Team to achieve its goals.
- Participate in leader meetings as well as other Church meetings where your Youth experience is needed.
- Attend School lunches regularly, local FCA, some sporting events & special community events.
- Ability to Recruit, equip and train lay leaders in the area of Youth Ministry.
- Plan, delegate and provide oversight for Youth Groups, Sunday School, Wednesday Midweek Program. (6th Grade only), Church Camp, Bible College Trips, etc.
- Organize CIY, Local Mission & Foreign Mission Trip. (We alternate these: One each year)
- Assist parents in raising youth from God’s perspective.
- Build relationship with your students families.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time but must be authorized by the Lead Pastor to assure that the Youth Pastor maintains a healthy lifestyle.
- Bible College Education preferred or working toward a Bible College Degree.
- Must be an immersed believer who loves Jesus and agree with our church beliefs (org)
- Have a conviction of the infallible authority of the Word of God.
- Be committed to moral purity and spiritual excellence in life.
- Show a genuine love for people.
- Display a commitment to co-workers (paid staff and leadership) to maintain a relationship of honor, acceptance, open communication and the maintenance of harmony.
- Exhibit a work ethic of self-starting drive, delegation, follow-through, organization, and a positive
- Be able to relate to and lead teens.
This is a full time salaried position. Employment outside of First Christian Church requires permission. You will receive 2 weeks paid vacation after three months of service and (12 sick days each year). Notice needs to be given to the pastor when requesting time off for vacation. The following holidays will be paid: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas.
First Christian Church of Garnett
200 South Walnut St
PO Box 126
Garnett, KS 66032
For more information contact Chris Goetz, 503-474-7965. To apply please email resume to: email@example.com,
54 total views, 6 views today