Youth Pastor Job Description
Would you like to be a part of a church that has more than tripled their weekly attendance in the past five years? Would you like to participate in what God is doing to change lives in a rural area? Codell Community Church is a non-denominational church located in Codell, Kansas, which is halfway between the communities of Plainville and Natoma. We currently hold weekly contemporary worship services with a live band and have seen continued growth over the past 6 years. This congregation averaged 30 in July of 2016 and is currently averaging around 100. We are at the beginning stages of developing plans for a building project to meet the needs of a growing congregation and look forward to what God has in store for us as we help people who are far from God find life in Jesus!
The Youth Pastor at Codell Community Church should demonstrate a healthy relationship with Christ by maintaining character traits that glorify God, while authentically loving and blessing others. This individual would sense a call into ministry within a rural culture. Primary areas of responsibility would include leading the youth ministry and working with the church to further the vision of Codell Community Church.
The Youth Pastor must demonstrate a maturity in the faith by being a leader that will have responsibilities in weekly worship services and must be passionate about youth ministry and able to relate to youth in appropriate ways that challenge their faith and promote spiritual maturity.
- Support and strengthen the mission and vision of Codell Community Church.
- Be willing to work as a team with the Lead Pastor, Leadership Team, and other people who are involved in the ministry of Codell Community.
- Occasionally assist in designing worship services with the Lead Pastor and others involved.
- Create and execute a long-term church aligned vision for Codell Community Church’s youth
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship (spiritual formation), and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Pursue other faith developing opportunities outside of the local church such as continuing current partnership with Teens for Christ (out of Phillipsburg) and seeking Christian concerts, mission trips, community service opportunities, etc.
Recruit, equip and shepherd volunteers.
- Promote an environment where students feel connected to each other as a church family and where each student is valued and celebrated.
- Invest and engage relationally with youth and their families.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with, and complement, other church ministries.
- Partner with the Lead Pastor at Codell Community Church as you equip parents to effectively fulfill their Christian parenting roles.
- Provide biblical counseling and spiritual direction to youth group volunteers and students on an individual basis as needed.
- Create fun, meaningful, and memorable opportunities for all youth to connect and grow together.
- Ensure safe and healthy classroom/small group environments.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities.
- Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
Codell Community Church
409 Codell Rd.
Codell, KS 67663
If interested, please call or email: Pastor Thayne @ 785-656-3923 or email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org