Youth Pastor Profile
Our vision for this role, for our church family is to have a person who is a disciple-maker, who desires to see students and families’ lives changed through Jesus Christ while on mission with Jesus to seek and save the lost.
- Meeting the 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 qualifications for church leaders.
- Commitment to C3’s doctrine, vision, motives, strategy and beliefs.
- Missional-minded philosophy of equipping and discipling.
- Commitment to a team approach to ministry including delegating responsibility to team partners.
- Strong teacher with a love for God’s word.
- Relational style of leadership and ministry.
- Joyful spirit and good sense of humor.
- Self-starter and able to work without direct supervision.
- Recruit, disciple, and sustain a team of ministry partners.
- Engage parents as vital partners.
- Teach and equip youth and ministry partners in small and large gatherings.
- Communicate well with parents and come along side families, especially in times of crisis.
- Communicate well with church leaders and church family.
- Relate to the unique needs of teenagers in today’s culture.
- Ensure that the youth ministry is functioning in an effective, focused manner.
- Recruit, train, and mobilize a ministry team of adults for the youth ministry.
- Develop ministry partners to be effective disciple makers of the Next Gen.
- Submit an annual budget to the eldership.
- Oversee the expenditures of the budget allocated towards the youth ministries.
- Oversee fund-raising efforts for youth ministry trips.
- Develop missional disciple-making process for spiritual growth and multiplication.
- Be the primary teacher and provide teaching opportunities as part of discipling ministry partners.
- Provide periodic retreat opportunities for ministry partners and students.
- Develop ministry partners to not only supervise, but to build relationships with the youth.
- Lead the youth locally, nationally and globally on mission as Jesus leads.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Demonstrate capacity for special events / retreat planning / church camp planning.
- Sunday morning platform participation as desired and gifted.
We are a rural area with a population of 45,000 people in a 10-mile radius. The community is expected to grow 1.8% over the next 5 years. 87% of our community is White, 6.6% Black, 2.6% Hispanic and 3.4% Asian with all ethnic groups slowly growing while the white community is slowly declining. The average household income is $63,434 with a significant section having a household income under $15,000. The average age is 40. We have two High Schools in our missional context: Radford and Pulaski County High School. Pulaski County will complete a brand-new Middle School for the 2020-2021 school year. We also have New River Community College and Radford University. These spaces provide opportunities to see lives changed as we take the gospel to them. To apply please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and feel free to give Jason Allmon a call at 734-309-1615 if you have any questions.
This is a full-time salaried position, based upon experience.
Community Christian Church
5382 Grace St.
Dublin, VA 24084
450 total views, 3 views today