Thunder Online Program
Thunder Online is MCC’s online degree program designed to allow adult learners to maximize transfer credits and complete a Bachelor’s degree as quickly as possible. Students transfer in college hours, hours transcripted by the military, and alternative credits earned previously and complete a B.S. degree in Biblical Leadership or Management & Ethics.
Thunder Online provides the flexibility you need to integrate completing your degree into your life & schedule. As a degree completion student you will also set the pace by choosing how many classes you take in a semester.
For more information about MCC’s Thunder Online degree completion program email Grace Shurts, the Thunder Online Admissions Counselor.
Phone: (785) 539-3571
- Application for Admissions – All students must complete an application for admissions to begin the acceptance process. Apply any time. Classes start every eight weeks in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Application Fee – A non-refundable $25 fee that is required to be paid to complete your online application. The system takes credit/debit cards as well as echeck.
- Personal Reference Forms – Distribute the links for the two personal reference forms to the appropriate, non-related people and ask them to complete the forms for the Admissions Office. On your application, list the names of the people to whom you gave the reference forms. Examples of who to have complete a reference include: pastor, church leader, youth sponsor, coach, teacher, employer, family friend and counselor.
- College Transcripts – An official transcript of the college courses must be sent directly from each college attended.
- High School Transcripts – An official copy of your transcripts must be sent directly from your high school to the college for evaluation.
- Apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The Thunder Online program exists to educate, equip, and enrich Christian leaders in any location, at any time to become more effective leaders in their churches and communities.
Upon completing the course of study in biblical leadership, a student will:
- Demonstrate a general knowledge and understanding of the Christian canon and theological concepts
- Demonstrate an integration of their studies into leadership ministry
- Understand the basic principles of leadership in a healthy, growing church
- Perform the basic exegesis necessary for preaching, teaching, and Bible study
- Demonstrate a basic level of expertise in the skills necessary to perform practical ministry in the local church
- Have a basic understanding of the history of the church and the Stone-Campbell movement