Vice President for Financial and Administrative Services
Manhattan Christian College is searching for a Vice President for Financial and Administrative Services with a targeted start date of July 1, 2018. This position sits on the Administrative Council of the college and oversees the business aspects of the college including facilities and maintenance, institutional accounting, financial aid, human resources for college personnel, and central services. The role exists to support and empower all areas of the college to achieve their mission in a cost-effective manner by providing a wide variety of services that balance customer orientation, management control, and wise stewardship of the college’s resources.
- A commitment to the Lordship of Christ and the world mission of His Church.
- A commitment to the mission and vision of Manhattan Christian College.
- To possess a good understanding of business principles and practices.
- Prior experience serving in an executive role at a church or college preferred.
- To possess a working knowledge of accounting and skilled in financial management and tight budget control.
- To possess a good understanding of the maintenance and construction of facilities and able to oversee campus projects.
- To demonstrate a proficiency in software pertinent to the role.
- To be an effective motivator and manager of people.
- To possess the ability to communicate with internal and external constituencies.
- To be knowledgeable in data processing.
- To have the necessary people skills to lead the department in customer service and work jointly with other departments.
- To possess the following personal characteristics: self-motivated, strong work ethic, high energy, enjoy a challenge, takes charge of a department and develop it to its fullest potential, creative in finding ways to get things done, a team-player, and the ability to make tough decisions with firmness and a positive spirit.
- A minimum of an appropriate Bachelor degree with a preference for someone holding an MBA, or an MA degree.
To apply submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Kevin Ingram, President, by email at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until March 2, 2018.
Manhattan Christian College was founded in 1927 by Dr. E.C. Sanderson. The college’s mission is to “educate, equip, and enrich Christian leaders” and uses a variety of academic programs with the Bible as the foundation of those programs. MCC is located in Manhattan, KS and is directly across the street from Kansas State University. The location provides a unique environment in which to live and work, as well as some unique dual-degree opportunities through cooperative relationships with K-State and Manhattan Area Technical College. Today, more than 300 students pursue their undergraduate degrees at our campus and online. Additional information about Manhattan Christian College is available at www.mccks.edu.
Thank you for your interest in working for Manhattan Christian College.
Manhattan Christian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MCC does not discriminate against persons seeking employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, physical disability, or veteran status (consistent with Section 702 of Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act which deals with exemptions for religious convictions and with the College’s Title IX Exemption).
In accordance with applicable federal and state laws, MCC provides equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities, making reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified individuals unless undue hardship to the college would result. Any such applicant or employee requiring a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job should contact the department’s vice president.
Any applicant or employee who believes he or she has been subjected to unlawful discrimination should provide a written complaint to the appropriate supervisor or the the vice president of Financial & Administrative Services. Complaints will be investigated and appropriate action will be taken.