Checking Out Materials:
- Library Photo ID is required
- Staff assistance is required to check out materials
- A "HOLD" may be placed on any materials that are checked out. Any item with a "hold" on it may not be renewed.
|CD-ROMs (no renewal)||7 days|
|Christian Ed. Materials||7 days|
|Periodicals||In library only|
|DVDs (no renewal)||7 days|
|Videos (no renewal)||7 days|
|Reserves (no renewal)||Set by professor|
|Reference||In library only|
Renewals for regular books
Renewals for 7-day items
- Patrons will be notified via e-mail three days before an items is due.
- Fines for Regular Materials: $1.00/day/item
- Fines for Reserve Materials: $25.00/day/item
- If you need a book longer, it may be renewed, provided there is not a hold on it or it is not a Reserve book
- No materials may be checked out if the person has items overdue or owes a fine
- Renewal Procedure: May be made in person, by phone [(785) 539-3571, ext. 110], or by accessing the patron's personal account on the catalog web site
- The title, author, and bar code number of the book are required.
- MAIN books may be renewed for two weeks, while items that are normally checked out for 7 days (commentaries, DVDs, etc.) may be renewed for three days..
Public access computers are located on the 3rd Floor. All public computers are connected to a laser printer; cost is 10¢/page. Please pay when you pick up your pages (NO IOUs).
Items on the Library Computers:
- Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Access, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Internet Connection (Firefox & Internet Explorer)
- Internet home page is the MCC Library Home Page
- LIBRARY CATALOG: Click on "Search Our Catalog" on the library home page
Research Databases: Click on "Research Tools "on the library menu
- Credo Reference
- EBSCO Host (Academic Search Premier, ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials, CPI [Christian Periodical Index], Regional Business News, Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia)
- Encyclopedia Britannica (available only on campus)
- Encyclopedia of Religion, 2nd ed.
- Kansas Library Card (EBSCOhost, WorldBook, Audio Books, eBooks) – See Mrs. Buhler on the 3rd floor for a free card.
COLLECTION DEVELOPMENT POLICY
The purpose of the Collection development Policy is to serve as a guide for the selection of books and other materials for the Manhattan Christian College Library.
All library materials used within the library must be counted for circulation statistics. Please do not reshelve library books, periodicals, audios, videos, DVDs, etc. Take them to the Circulation Desk.
Two reading rooms are available for use in the northeast and southeast corners of both floors of the library. Feel free to go in and study or have a group meeting. In addition, the Cassel Conference Room is located behind the fireplace on the 3rd floor. To reserve it, talk to the librarian at the Circulation Desk.
- Traditional Programs
- Adult Education
- Online Degrees
- Academic Catalogs
- Course Schedule
- Enrollment Forms
- Transcript Requests