As a body of believers who simply want to love one another and grow in our relationship with God, First Church of Christ in Cherokee, Iowa, seeks applications for a pastor who provides administrative and spiritual leadership for the congregation. The position reports directly to the Board of Elders and includes the supervision of part-time staff.
Qualifications to include:
- Committed to the mission and values of the First Church of Christ.
- Be a graduate of Restoration Movement college or seminary with background and understanding in the Christian Church or Churches of Christ.
- Be a strong biblical preacher, teaching God’s truth during weekly sermons, Bible studies and classes, working to inspire, teach and guide the congregation.
- Be committed to creating a standard of excellence in worship, teaching, and serving others.
- Be a demonstrated leader, yet willing to work in a team environment that would include elders, deacons, secretarial staff and multiple volunteers in an effort to advance the kingdom.
- Must be effective in public speaking, writing and interpersonal communication skills as well as organizing programs, events, and publications.
- Willing to locate in Cherokee, making connections with people living in proximity to the local are and be actively involved in community outreach.
- Identify member talents, be willing to encourage or train volunteers who desire to minister or serve others.
- Actively build and maintain positive relationships with the congregation and the community through Bible studies, classes, or other events.
- Collaborate closely with the children’s ministry to maximize the spiritual development of children.
- Manage the ministry budget in cooperation with the Board of Elders and Deacons.
Interested persons should submit materials to http://cherokeefcc.com
Church of Christ
772 N. 2nd Street
Cherokee, Iowa 51012
1,652 total views, 8 views today