Knollwood Christian Church looking for a person to help us build toward a growing congregation. At Knollwood, people matter, and all are welcome. We invite people to experience our church community, get help, make friends, and celebrate life. Knollwood is a place people can call home and experience God within a community of other imperfect people.
Knollwood’s membership average is 90 on Sunday morning in-person attendance. With 40 average Sunday morning on-line attendance – 15 Sunday school for all ages begins at 9:00am Sunday morning worship service begins at 10:00am
Our mission – We are committed to reaching people with the good news of Jesus Christ.
Our vision – A place to experience the transformational love of Christ, make friends and belong, and find your God-given purpose. Knollwood Christian Church serves the St. Louis Park, Minnesota community. We are looking for a senior pastor to join us in our desire to bring more people into God’s love and kingdom.
We view this as a 3-year+ process focusing on these key aspects in the following priority order.
The Senior Pastor will:
- Oversee pastoral care where people are connected and care for one another.
- Create and implement need-oriented evangelism and outreach strategies in partnership with leadership.
- Equip people through leadership and ministry development and team building.
- Encourage and inspire people with Biblically based, thoughtful, yet challenging messages.
- Clear, concise, and passionate communicator.
- Ability to set clear direction and lead with confidence.
- Proactive self-starter and good steward of time.
- In touch with today’s culture, but also grounded in Christ, to effectively connect with the community.
- Savvy user and strategist for digital tools, like websites & social media.
- God-seeking, passionate about Christ.
- Grounded in scripture and prayer.
- Passionate about reaching people.
- Teachable, humble spirit.
- Committed to learn and grow intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Flexible and steadfast, patiently waiting for results, but willing to step out in faith.
- Bachelor degree or higher preferred.
- 5+ years of pastoral experience preferred.
- Outreach experience strongly preferred.
- Committed to the principles of the Restoration Movement.
St. Louis Park, Minnesota St. Louis Park is a thriving, vibrant, first-tier community located just west of Minneapolis. People from all over enjoy the many parks and miles of biking and walking trails that connect St. Louis Park to downtown Minneapolis and the neighboring communities to the west. A variety of public transportation is available to residents, which includes bus transportation and construction is ongoing on a future light rail line, which will connect St. Louis Park to other locations within the metro area of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The neighborhoods here are walkable and friendly, while St. Louis Park provides a real small-town charm, but has a big city feel. Residents enjoy the neighborhood coffee shops, diverse restaurants, and offer a wide assortment of retail shopping.
If you love the outdoors, there are 60 city parks, 9 state parks, 65 regional parks, and hundreds of miles of paved biking and hiking trails within an hour’s drive. You will find a variety of year round activities from hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, boating, to golf, skiing, and biking.
The school district of St. Louis Park has been recognized with a “National School of Excellence” award. In addition, the city of St. Louis Park is committed to raising strong families through the Children’s First initiative. It is one of the first of its kind. Bringing a coordinated effort from various groups (including the faith community) to raise strong healthy youth.
Our health care is top-notch. Methodist Hospital is centrally located within St. Louis Park and has been recognized as one of the 100 top hospitals in 2021. Home is where a person’s heart is. St. Louis Park is a wonderful place to live, raise a family, experience all four seasons of the year, and feel truly at home.
Knollwood Christian Church
3639 Quebec Ave S
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
For questions or to apply (send resume and references) contact Mike Neururer at firstname.lastname@example.org.