Date: 08/02/2021 Reports to and works with Leadership Council
To have a Senior Pastor that is energizing, motivating, connecting with and encouraging the congregation (active and non active members); guiding the members in Christian growth and faith development; calling on and caring for members; knowing and understanding their needs; acting as an advisor and facilitator for committees and church groups as needed or requested.
The Pastor, as a part of the Leadership Council, works directly with them for the total overall administration and operation of all programs and policies as established by the Leadership Council of First Christian Church of Sioux Falls. The pastor is expected to participate in appropriate professional and community activities such as the Ministerial Association, civic organizations or other groups as a means of representing the church in the local area.
- Direct and supervise the efforts of the individuals and/or staff members assigned to the following responsibilities: Administrative Assistant, Youth Director, Elementary Youth Director, Custodian, Music Coordinator, and Pianist for example.
- The pastor will assist the congregation in oversight of church staff, the church office, calendar, use of the building, grounds and equipment.
- To provide pastoral care for members and others, reach out to prospective believers and members and help nurture them toward Christian commitment.
- To preach and teach the Word of God, to help plan and lead worship and work with the congregation to develop a meaningful and vital worship life.
- To share responsibility for the role of spiritual leadership with the Board of Elders.
- To fulfill priestly functions (including pastoral guidance) for conduction of weddings, funerals, baptisms and dedications.
The individual should possess and demonstrate a strong and deep Christian faith, belief and commitment to God. It is desired the pastor have a Master of Divinity degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized seminary. The pastor should be a licensed and ordained minister in order to be considered to be acceptable for this position.
Hours worked per week may vary from week to week. An average work week is defined as being 40 to 50 hours per week. An effort should be made to have regular office hours of at least 20 to 25 hours per week.
- Demonstrates strong administrative ability, a participative leadership style, and has good conflict resolution skills
- Values youth
- Is knowledgeable about finances and fundraising
- Manages time well, sets priorities and works efficiently
- Has a good appearance
- Communicates clearly, attentively and politely while also listening carefully and responding in a constructive feedback manner
- Takes initiative to suggest new programs and solutions
- Creates a learning environment
First Christian Church
524 West 13th St
Sioux Falls SD 57104
966 total views, 9 views today