Crossroads Christian Church is a 28-year-old, multi-generational church in the Kansas City suburb of Shawnee, KS. We are an independent Christian Church, part of the Restoration Movement. We have an average Sunday attendance of over 500 worshippers in our 3 services. Our mission is to bring people to Jesus Christ and to assist them in becoming His fully devoted, reproducing followers.
The primary role of the Student Pastor will be to humbly serve the Lord Jesus Christ as a staff member of Crossroads Christian Church, to work in collaboration with the rest of the staff and serve the church as a whole, with an emphasis on 6th -12th graders. This will include being focused on establishing relationships with students and their families and using those relationships to develop true lasting and reproducing relationships with Jesus Christ.
Therefore, a successful candidate must be a Christian themselves and able to fully support the statement of belief, core values and philosophy of Crossroads Christian Church.
- Oversee a plan of ministry to middle school and high school aged students.
- Holding/leading a weekly service/group/study time for students.
- Strategizing, planning and implementing student ministry programs that are in keeping with the church’s overall vision.
- Fostering a culture of discipleship and spiritual growth among middle school and high school aged students at Crossroads.
- Getting to know and establishing a positive relationship with each young person in the congregation.
- Be readily available to students and their families during their time of crisis and need.
- Provide off-site opportunities for students, such as camps, CIY, missions trips, etc.
- Develop student leadership.
- Provide students with events and activities that allow for fellowship, outreach, discipleship, worship, evangelism and missions.
- Identify students with strong leadership skills. Train and empower them to become servant-leaders in the church, their schools, and their communities.
- Actively integrating the students into the broader scope and life of Crossroads Christian Church
- Develop, train, and build a team of adult volunteers.
- The Student Pastor shall also be involved in recruiting, training, coaching and managing student ministry coaches to help fulfill the strategies laid out.
- The expectation is that the Student Pastor will be able to multiply him/herself through effective recruiting, training, coaching, mentoring, and empowering of volunteers.
- Collaborate with the staff of Crossroads in order to fulfill the vision and mission.
- This position will work closely with the Kid’s Ministry, in particular.
Additional Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Model high standards in your own personal, family and devotional life. Maintain a good example in your relationships with others, studying, praying, tithing, etc. A personal dedication to your own spiritual growth is required.
- The person chosen for this role will be expected to hold high personal integrity both at home and in the work place, be competent and confident yet coachable, have a strong work ethic, and be of high personal and professional character.
- Strong communication skills are required – both within the staff, and outwardly to parents and students.
- Adhere to the policies in the staff policy book, as well as the expectations of Crossroads membership.
- Potentially work with the Small Groups pastor to help foster and grow a young adults-focused small group/community.
- Serve as a Ministry Team Overseer to a few other ministries in the church. In addition to Student Ministry, ministry teams will be assigned based on fit and gifts/skills.
- Be involved in church sponsored activities outside of student ministry. The purpose of this is to build relationships with adults as well as students.
- Be available to share your gifts and talents in other areas of the church ministry as time permits. Be available to serve in other areas of our worship services as the need arises (preaching, announcements, etc.). There will be opportunities to take the lead on church-wide events and outreaches.
This is a full-time, salaried position. A 4-year degree from an accredited Bible College/University is required, with preference given to a Bible College/University within the Restoration Movement. This position will report directly to the Senior Pastor.
Crossroads Christian Church
5855 Renner Rd
Shawnee, KS 66217
To apply for this job, please email Kurt Witten, Teaching Pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, at least 4 references, and a list of your personal ministry/doctrinal convictions
81 total views, 3 views today