Ventura Missionary Church is a Missionary church located in Ventura, CA about an hour north of Los Angeles. VMC is led by Lead Pastor Doug Colby, who assumed the role a year ago but has been on staff since 2011. The church currently has three services offered at 8:00a, 9:30a, and 11:00. The first service offers a more traditional style of worship that is currently staffed with a full time worship leader. The other two services are identical that offer a modern style of contemporary worship. Attendance currently runs around 1,000 each Sunday for their main worship services.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Pastor to oversee their worship ministry for the modern services. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the requirements and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- The primary responsibility of this position is to develop the spiritual depth of our church congregation.
- Create a thriving culture of prayer and worship in our church.
- Engage our congregation in enthusiastic worship and prayer in our weekend services.
- Oversee all aspects of programming for the modern worship services.
- Invest in, develop, and care for leaders and musicians in our congregation.
- Work with our Student Ministry worship teams and leaders to develop their relationship with Jesus, their theology, and their worship leadership.
- Oversee worship monthly in our Student Ministry large groups.
- Lead quarterly Night of Prayer events to help our congregation grow deeper in prayer and worship.
- Serve on our Lead Team and provide directional leadership for our entire church.
- Work with our staff and lay leaders to pastor and shepherd our congregation.
- Engage and serve our local community in a way that results in opportunities to share Jesus.
- Build unity with churches in our community by sharing, serving, and building relationships.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be aligned with the vision, mission, and doctrine of VMC.
- Strong knowledge of Scripture.
- Excellent musicianship and ability to direct other worship team members.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and engaging personality.
- Ability to lead and organize adults and students into functional ministry teams.
- Strong work ethic.
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution techniques.
- Operate in a team environment, often working cross-functionally with other teams.
- Biblical qualifications for ministry leadership.
- Exceptional vocal and musicianship skills.
- Strong understanding on church technologies and softwares used such as Planning Center, ProPresenter, and Ableton.
- Preferred candidates should have a bachelor’s degree, but not required
- Preferred candidates should have at least 5 years previous full time worship ministry experience
Reports to: Lead Pastor
For more information, visit the full church profile at: frootgroup.com/ventura
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ventura Missionary Church
500 High Point Dr.
Ventura, CA 93003
588 total views, 4 views today