Position – Pulpit Minister
Purpose: To serve the Rose Hill Christian Church congregation as its pulpit minister and to work with the elders and other leaders in the congregation to equip the saints for the work of ministry for the edifying of the body of Christ.
The primary responsibilities of the pulpit minister of Rose Hill Christian Church are to prepare and present Biblically sound, culturally relevant sermons on a weekly basis. May include Bible Classes as well as to aid existing teachers. Planning of public worship to enhance the worship experience will be requested and discussed from time to time. Substantial time and attention should be given to the planning and preparation of sermons and worship planning.
- It is understood that these responsibilities will occupy the greater part of the minister’s time and energies.
- Essential to these tasks are personal and spiritual growth and continued development of public communication skills through personal study and continuing education.
Secondary responsibilities of the pulpit minister include but are not limited to:
- Counseling and visitation of members and visitors
- Availability for funerals and weddings as called upon by members at Rose Hill
- Managing the church office, coordination of office procedures, supervision of clerical staff and attention to routine business activities of the church.
- Editing and contributing to the to the church newsletter
- Conducting training courses for men and women to encourage development of skills in personal Christian relationships, speaking, worship and leadership.
- Assisting with the educational ministry of the church
- Serving as the “public face” of Rose Hill Christian Church in the community
- The pulpit minister reports directly to the elders.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Bible/Theology. Preferred
Compensation: Range of $50,000 – $70,000 (dependent upon experience and education) plus benefits.
314 N. Rose Hill Road
2,952 total views, 8 views today