Impact Church is a Non-Denominational church located in Rock Hill, SC about a 20 minutes south of the Charlotte area and is considered part of the Greater Charlotte Area. Impact Church exists to empower people to love God, love others, and impact their world for Christ. The church is led by Lead Pastor Jason Brinkley who came on as the Lead Pastor around 2 years ago. The church currently has one service at 10a, while offering children’s ministries during the service along with small groups throughout the week both on and off campus. The plan is to start a 2nd service to accommodate the number of people attending in late September. Service times that are offered are at 10a, with a modern worship style. Attendance currently runs around 500 each Sunday and has doubled in size over the past 2 years.
The church is seeking the right candidate to become the new Worship Pastor to lead their worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ that is evident in all he does and the character and capacity to develop a church worship culture as well as good leadership skills. This person should have good creative and administrative skills to serve in other areas the church may require. Below are the requirements and responsibilities we have identified for this role:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A person of honesty and integrity who is authentic not just on the stage but off it as well.
- A person who excels at building relationships and cares for the person they lead.
- Someone with a strong work ethic who is willing to see tasks done with excellence to their completion.
- A person who seeks to solve problems, not just identify them and is able to make the decisions necessary with a positive attitude
- Someone who has excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills and is able to communicate vision and direction to the worship ministry.
- Highly capable leader who can function in a high capacity leadership culture as an initiator as well as a team player
- Someone with good organization and administration skills or is willing to be mentored and coached in that area.
- Loves and enjoys people, exhibiting a shepherd’s heart in their concern for the worship teams and the congregation as a whole through their personal relationship with Jesus
- Proficiency in Mac systems including iOS
- Confidence in stage presence when speaking and leading
- Ability to lead worship with excellent, confident vocals while playing guitar or keyboard
- Utilizes Planning Center to schedule worship and media teams
- Proficiency in ProPresenter
- Proficient with the use of multi-tracks and Ableton
- Basic understand of audio mixing
- Preferred candidates would also have a background in Photoshop and graphic design, though not required
- Preferred candidates would also have a basic understanding of ProTools
- Preferred candidates would also have knowledge in stage lighting design as well as lighting programs, though not required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a lead team member to help implement overall direction and vision for the church.
- Develop goals and a vision for Worship Ministry area.
- Help develop a worship culture at Impact that is Biblically based and leads people to a greater understanding of worship
- Develop and build teams – discipling and coaching members to become empower them to become leaders for future expansion of the worship ministry through multiple services.
- Work with the Pastor in planning the worship services, which will help create/foster a worshipful atmosphere that engages people on Sunday mornings
- Supervise maintenance of and additions to the music library, music equipment, and sound equipment in the church’s Worship Ministry.
- Provide leadership and direction to the media teams
- Oversee the Worship Ministry budget.
- Assist the Pastor with the church’s total ministry needs in helping care and shepherd the people
- Be involved in outreach, evangelism, and discipleship including a small group.
Preferred candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Music or ministry leadership but not required. Qualified candidates with the necessary skills will still be considered.
Preferred candidates should have at least 3-4 years previous church experience as a worship leader but qualified candidates with natural leadership ability and people skills with a calling to work with people will be considered. Candidate must be a follower of Jesus Christ who has a heart for and experience in investing in others to lead them to Christ and to help them mature in their faith; must have the musical skills to use music to help the church worship; and must be able to motivate, organize, and lead others. Experience in technology, video production, sound and lights is preferred. This position reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
For more information, visit the full church profile at: frootgroup.com/impact
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org
5115 Old York Road
Rock Hill, SC 29732