Manhattan Christian College pleads for the unity of all believers on the common ground of commitment and obedience to the lordship of Christ. Believing that creeds of men, however correct, perpetuate sectarianism and create division within the church when made tests of fellowship, we have no creed except faith in Jesus as the Christ, God’s Son and humankind’s Savior. It is our desire to call all people of all nations to faith and obedience to Him as revealed in scripture. When asked, “What do you believe?”, it is tempting to hand one the Bible and suggest, “This is what we believe.” However, for those not familiar with Manhattan Christian College, it may be helpful to identify foundational doctrines taught in our classes based on our understanding of the Scriptures.
- We believe that there is one God, creator of the universe, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that we are called to live to the praise of His glory.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative word of God.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious death and atonement through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal and visible return in power and glory.
- We believe the only terms of salvation that we may proclaim are those expressed in the New Testament: faith, repentance, confession of faith in Jesus Christ, and baptism by immersion in water for the remission of past sins and for the promised presence of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and by whom the church is empowered to carry out Christ’s Great Commission.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.