Department Head: Dr. Russ York
Christian Ministry Faculty: Mr. Dave Cupery, Dr. Greg Delort, Dr. Dave Henry, Mr. Jason Johnson, Dr. Genilyn McCaffrey, Dr. Brian Medaris
The Christian Ministry Department exists to educate, equip, and enrich Christians to be leaders in church and
Students completing the requirements in Christian Ministry will:
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of ministry in his or her major area of study.
- Demonstrate understanding in the biblical, philosophical, and historical foundations of ministry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of individuals and groups in the context of cultures in which he or she plans to work.
- Be a follower of Jesus who is submissive to the guidance of the Word and the Spirit in developing a Christ-like ministry.
- Remain responsive to God’s call to ministry.
- Be relationship-focused in ministry.
- Live out a Christ-like moral and ethical standard in every area of ministry.
- Apply ministry skills specific to his or her area of study in the context of a practical experience in ministry.
- Apply general ministry skills in the following areas of
- Communicating God’s Word
- Spiritual formation
- Facilitating worship
- People skills
- Group dynamics
- Facilitating fellowship
- Servant leadership
- Pastoral care
- Training others
- Continue to pursue opportunities for growth in ministry.