Alert message goes here.

Military and Veteran’s Education Benefits

Veterans Administration Education Benefits

Section 1018 of Public Law 116-315, Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020, adds new requirements for educational institutions participating in the educational assistance programs of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). These new provisions became effective June 15, 2021 and apply to Institutions of Higher Learning and Non-College Degree institutions beginning August 1, 2021. Many of the requirements are consistent with the requirements of the Principles of Excellence, currently in Executive Order 13607; however, there are requirements in addition to those embodied in the Principles of Excellence which schools must also satisfy to maintain approval for GI Bill® participation.

Universities will provide financial information to students using benefits under chapter 30, 31, 32, 33, or 35 of title 38,U.S.C.,or chapter 1606 of title 10, U.S.C. with a College Financing Plan (personalized shopping sheet) that contains:

Estimated total cost of the course that includes tuition, fees, books, supplies and any other additional costs

Cost of Attendance Budget:  This information is provided to assist students and families with financial planning. We include both direct costs (billed by and paid directly to MCC) and indirect costs (realistic allowances for items such as transportation and personal expenses). Students have this information available to their financial aid award offer.

Estimated Cost Tools: Students can use several resources to estimate costs prior to attendance.

Net Price Calculator

The College Navigator

Estimated Cost of Housing/Living  Expenses: 

Amount of costs covered by VA Education Benefits:

These amounts differ between the different benefit chapters.  The Department of Veteran Affairs makes the determination of the eligibility as well as amounts the student will receive, not MCC.  For the latest information on annual approved rates visit VA Rate Tables.

Type and amount of Federal financial aid, not administered by the VA as well as any financial aid offered by the institution, that the student may be qualified to receive:

MCC is approved to participate in the following Title IV federal aid programs; Pell Grant, Family Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Direct Loans, and the Federal Work Study Program.  MCC also participates in State of Kansas programs and has institutional aid available. See more information on the webpage: Financial Assistance

Estimated amount of student loan debt the student would have upon graduation: 

This information can be viewed at the U.S. Department of Education website to manage your student loans.

Information regarding graduation rates: 

This information is available annually in our Consumer Information or through MCC’s Office of the Registrar.

Information regarding the acceptance of transfer credits including military credits:  

The information regarding MCC’s acceptance of of transfer credits is located in our Academic Catalog.

Any additional requirements including training, experience, or examinations that are required to obtain a license, certification or approval for which the course of education is designed to provide preparation. 

Any additional credential or license would be handled through MCC’s Office of the Registrar and made public in our annual Academic Catalog.

Other information to facilitate comparison by the individual about aid packages offered by different educational institutions: 

For students to compare MCC to other educational institutions feel free to visit the following websites:

US Department of Education College Scoreboard

College Navigator

Point of contact for covered individuals and family members seeking assistance:

Trish Runion serves as MCC’s VA School Certifying Official. Feel free to reach out to her if you have any questions.

Received VA Benefits elsewhere?
If you have previously received veterans educational benefits at another school (but not yet at MCC)

Submit VA Form 22-1995 to the VA Central Regional Office as well as Trish Runion VA SCO.

Central Region:

VA Regional Office
P.O. Box 66830
St. Louis, MO 63166-6830

Other forms available online:

Never Received VA Benefits before?
If you have never previously received Veteran’s benefits at any school

1. Visit

2. Contact Trish Runion as soon as your application has been submitted. She will need sensitive information. Please do not email social security numbers.

3. Submit your term class schedule to the Student Financial Services office. It may be emailed directly to Trish Runion. Any time you revise your course schedule by dropping or adding credit hours you must contact Trish Runion.

Previously Received VA Benefits Through MCC?

If you have previously received veteran’s education benefits at Manhattan Christian College, you should contact Trish Runion, VA School Certifying Official, as soon as you have registered for the upcoming term. You will be asked to provide your schedule to the Student Financial Services office. Also contact Trish Runion every time you revise your course schedule by dropping or adding credit hours.