Adrian Christian Church is seeking to fill an associate pastor position with a focus on helping us grow as disciples. As a member of the leadership team, your ministry experience and organizational skills will aid us in fulfilling discipleship goals in our growing church. If you see an excellent opportunity to work with other outgoing, enthusiastic, and passionate people about growing others in faith – we’d like to talk with you! Send us your resume, and let’s schedule a time to talk.
Provide leadership and encouragement to help people grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and to get plugged into the Church body until they reach spiritual maturity. This position is accountable to the Elders.
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry.
- Degree from an Independent Christian Church College.
- Positive relational skills are required.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams.
Be the First Line of Connection to the Church
- Help secure and train greeters with the team leader.
- Ensure guests receive follow-up after their visit.
- Develop further ways to welcome guests and connect with them.
Lead and Develop a Discipleship Path for People
- Evaluate the needs of our congregation and its individuals.
- Further development of a comprehensive discipleship plan.
- Train leaders for these various small groups.
- Acquire needed materials for groups.
Assist in the Area of our Ministry Teams
- Help teach part of the Membership Class.
- Help with follow-up to the membership class – enlisting people in ministry.
- Recruit and train leaders as needed.
Work with the Elders in the Area of Shepherding for our Members.
- Help track people’s attendance and follow up with people missing for extended periods.
- Continually relaying information to our elders.
- Learn required software programs and use them as needed.
- Hospital visits and nursing homes as needed.
- Perform and/or help with funerals as needed.
General Ministry Responsibilities
- Develop a personal walk with Jesus.
- Attend regular staff meetings and monthly leadership meetings.
- Preach in the Minister’s absence or secure a preacher for those Sundays.
- Assist the preacher in the development of future plans.
- Offer minimal counseling and refer to alternative assistance.
- Assist in further development of the Policy manual for optimum performance.
- Maintain a servant’s heart and assist where needed when it is required.
Adrian Christian Church
510 E. 12th Street
Adrian, MO 64720
For more information or to apply (send resume and references) contact Matthew Wilkin at firstname.lastname@example.org.