The bookkeeper will ensure First Lutheran’s bills are paid and financial data and records are accurately kept using best accounting practices by handling accounts payable, processing payroll, making financial entries, and ensuring financial legal requirements are met.
Ensures that bills are paid, financial data, and records are accurately kept and reported using best accounting practices. Requires the use of ‘Church Windows’ software to perform responsibilities. Some responsibilities can be performed remotely.
This position reports to the Senior Pastor. This is part-time position working 12-15 hours/month and is non-exempt.
- Track invoices, record financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Make payments and disbursements ensuring appropriate prior approval.
- Review credit card statements for proper use and report discrepancies to Sr. Pastor and Treasurer
- Process payroll, employee benefits, and workers’ compensation
- Complete tax forms, reports, statements, and payments.
- Submit financial reports as requested by staff or council.
- Keep supporting documentation and files of all financial transactions.
- Maintain employee-related financial records.
- Reconcile bank accounts and petty cash accounts while monitoring cash levels.
- Participate in and provide information for audits as requested.
- Participate in financial committee meetings as requested and/or desired.
- Ensure appropriate levels of access to data and records are maintained.
- Assist with preparing and revising annual budget and chart of accounts as requested.
- Assist with ELCA and Synod financial reporting as requested.
- Provides account detail and analysis as requested by staff, committee chairs or congregational council members.
- Bookkeeping experience is required.
- Proficiency with or ability to learn and use financial software is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
- Able to input data into computer, retain paper files, and handle physical mailings.
First Lutheran Church
930 Poyntz Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66502
Interested individuals can view complete job description Complete Job Description to apply complete the online application form at: Online Application. Questions may be directed to: email@example.com