Children’s Discipleship Minister
Develop and refine a passionate discipleship ministry devoted to children, where they are nurtured into a lasting relationship with God and shown the love of Christ through a team of caring volunteers. Such a team is living out the mission of CFCC by bringing hope to every heart by living and loving like Jesus.
The Children’s Discipleship Minister is a born again Christian responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing the children’s discipleship process for ages newborn through 5th grade. The Children’s Discipleship Minister will develop curriculum and recruit and manage a multi-gifted team of volunteers for the Children’s Ministry.
Reports to and expected time in role
Lead Pastor and a minimum of 5 years in the role is expected.
- Personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Passion for and experience in children’s discipleship ministry in the local church.
- Self-motivated leader, capable of casting and implementing a vision for ministry.
- Strong relational and communication skills with a passion to personally engage children, parents, staff, and volunteers.
- Possess basic administrative skills and is dedicated to programming excellence.
- Agreement with the church’s statement of belief and membership commitment.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Five or more years of experience in children’s discipleship ministry.
- Additional experience might include.
- Children’s ministry volunteer.
- School teacher.
- Curriculum development, or
- Missions involvement.
- Coordinate with all areas of ministry so as to create a strategic and complementary vision.
- Recruiting, equipping, and empowering volunteers to share in the discipleship of children.
- Create an environment for lasting and impactful relationships between volunteers and children.
- Partner with parents in the discipleship of their children and cultivate their discipleship skills.
- Regular communication and personal engagement with parents and volunteers about Children’s Ministry.
- Develop relationships with the children that come onto the CFCC campus.
- Provide opportunities for parent dialogue regarding the vision of the ministry.
- Participate in worship service as opportunities arise.
- Develop, manage, and implement Gospel centered curriculum for all environments within Children’s Ministry.
- Develop an annual calendar of strategic activities and programs for the purpose of discipleship.
- Manage and maintain physical spaces and resources related to and used by Children’s Ministry.
- Create, manage, and maintain Children’s Ministry budget.
- Work in conjunction with the church as a whole.
- Lead and participate in various children’s camps, VBS, community outings and outreach.
- Attend staff meetings, director meetings, and elders meetings as requested.
- Continue to grow and seek opportunities to develop leadership and ministry skills.
- Participate in various facets of the Sunday morning worship services.
- Serve in other roles as needed.
- Possesses the ability to thrive in a team-based environment.
- A person who is teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
- Possesses the ability to engage, enable, and retain a strong group of volunteers.
- Possesses the ability to personally engage a child’s family as a whole.
- A person that will treat this job both as a personal ministry and a professional position.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn Apple products and software like Pro Presenter
Minimum office hours from 8:00AM to 4:00PM M-Th and Sunday mornings (additional hours required during special events, planned activities, etc.)
Cy-Fair Christian Church
9730 Grant Road
Houston, TX 77070