Come join our Family Life team! VCC is looking for a uniquely gifted leader who has a heart to help youth (grades 5 – 12) discover and grow in a love relationship with Jesus. This position is full-time and salaried. VCC provides the following benefits for the employee: health, vision, and dental insurance, as well as paid personal time off. This position reports to the Family Life Pastor.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training, coaching, and caring for volunteer teams in youth ministry.
- Building creative catalytic events aimed at helping youth come to know Jesus.
- Communicating with parents and providing parental support and counsel.
- Working with part-time specialists focused on caring for youth with special needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education:
- Must be a devoted follower of Jesus.
- Must have a passion for students and their spiritual formation.
- Must have experience recruiting, managing, and training large volunteer teams.
- Experience recruiting and training parents with tools to cultivate a deep relationship with God at home is preferred.
- Some experience in event coordinating is helpful.
- Some experience managing a budget is helpful.
- We believe that from the womb, God is speaking and drawing children and young people into a love relationship with himself.
- We believe that youth ministry is the Most Important Work we do.
- We believe we can’t lead where we haven’t traveled, that a personal love relationship with God is the most important gift we can give our students.
- We believe that young people come to know Jesus by learning to keep company with Jesus.
- We believe in an experiential, Holy Spirit-driven approach to ministry.
- We believe in holding space for young people to hear from God each week.
- We believe the church is called to partner with parents in the spiritual formation of their children. We also believe that spiritual formation happens primarily at home.
- We believe in equipping and training parents with tools to cultivate a deep spiritual life.
Using Richard Foster’s ideas of the different streams of the Christian tradition, Vineyard Community Church of Overland Park, Kansas is a unique combination of the contemplative stream (emphasizing spiritual formation), the evangelical stream (emphasizing the Word), the charismatic stream (emphasizing the move of the Spirit), and the social justice stream (emphasizing care for the poor). We’re holding all four of these streams in tension and are applying the best version of each stream to our ministries, including our ministries to children and youth.
Vineyard Community Church
8301 Lamar Ave.
Overland Park, KS 66207
To Apply for this Position:
• Go to VCC Jobs
• Download and fill out the employment application
• Email the completed application along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Type Children’s Pastor in the subject line.