Community Kids Director
Community Christian Church is a vibrant and growing church called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ. To apply, you must be a Christ Follower, have a heart for ministry and a desire to see God’s kingdom advance, and be committed to making Community Christian Church (Community) your church home, where you worship and serve.
The Community Kids Director will oversee the Community Kids staff team and all aspects of the Community Kids ministry for children birth – grade 5, including Sunday services, Wednesday evenings, and Special Events. He/she will serve as the primary leader and communicator for our services for elementary children at Community Christian Church. The Community Kids Director will seek to creatively implement the overall vision of Community in an age-appropriate manner to the kids with which he/she will work.
The Community Kids Director reports to the NextGen Pastor Alex Wierda. Approximate weekly hours 40-45 hours and is a salary position.
Goals And Expectations
- Constantly work on plans to improve the Community Kids environment at Community within the overall plan for Community Kids and the NextGen Ministry at Community.
- Work as a team player with the rest of the NextGen staff and the entire Community staff.
- Will provide support for the Community Kids staff at our Pompano Beach campus.
- Provide a model for children by example of personal integrity, discipleship, and evangelism.
- Lead from the “stage” for Community Kids events with the goal to develop others to do the same.
- Ensure the overall weekend experience for Community Kids is done with excellence in safe, fun, meaningful, and engaging environments for kids.
- Oversee Community Kids Sunday morning service for elementary children including small groups.
- Oversee Elementary curriculum based on the NextGen staff overall vision.
- Ensure weekend resources are prepared and distributed in preparation for the weekend experience and the proper implementation of curriculum, policies, and procedures.
- Teach kids and recruit and train teachers who can serve in Community Kids with a high energy level.
- Recruit and train small group leaders and other volunteers for Community Kids.
- Evaluate current volunteers to ensure that everyone is serving in the area where they should be serving.
- Connect with both children and parents who are part of Community Kids.
- Plan and teach Kids Baptism Classes.
- Phone calls – make at least 10 phone calls a week for the recruiting of volunteers and building relationships with existing volunteers and families.
- Handling kids’ offering and other money collected during Community Kids services.
- Weekly emails to Community Kids elementary volunteers.
- Attend weekly Community Staff Meeting and meetings of the NextGen staff.
- Develop a team of volunteer greeters to greet Community Kids families.
- Ensure all media needed for Community Kids elementary services are ready.
- Assist in planning and executing events like Easter Jam, Jingle Jam, Kids Camp, Fall Festival, and other events as needed.
- Attend required meetings as requested – all-staff, NextGen team, Community Kids.
- Working with the preschool and middle school team to ensure smooth promotion/transition.
- Create content for monthly Community Kids e-letter.
Physical And Other Requirements
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs and walk the distance between the Auditorium and NextGen Buildings.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or equivalent) from a four-year college or university with a minimum of 3-5 years of ministry experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a Restoration Movement background & theology and will be asked to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Deeply committed follower of Jesus.
- Affirms Community’s core beliefs, mission, values, and life practices by word and example.
- Effective administrative skills—including the ability to set goals, facilitate advance planning, and effectively manage ministry and personal schedules.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Comfortable public speaker.
- Strong gift of leadership and proven experience developing leaders and building teams.
- Ability to recruit, develop, retain, and communicate with volunteers.
- Aligns with Community’s vision to connect with people of varying ethnic and economic backgrounds.
- Team player—humble, willing to defer to others, can lead under direction.
- Practices Biblical stewardship principles including giving a tithe (10%) of family income to Community.
Community Christian Church
10001 W Commercial Boulevard
Tamarac, FL 33351
For further information or to apply (send resume) to Pastor Alex Wierda firstname.lastname@example.org.