Job Title: Elementary Coodinator
Status: Permanent, full-time, exempt
Department: Kids Ministry
Reports to: Kids Ministry Director
Purpose of this job: The Elementary Coordinator is to create environments that will help parents and families learn how to disciple children in a way that allows them to follow Jesus and find life.
Level of Authority: Performs routine duties independently, setting priorities and scheduling own work in accordance with established and general policies and procedures.
- Commitment & loyalty to The Summit Church and Summit Kids, their leadership, mission, and goals.
- Commitment to maintain professional relationships with other staff, interacting, and communicating appropriately.
- Commitment to maintain a vital & growing relationship with Jesus Christ, exhibited by godly attitudes, regular prayer & bible time, & regular attendance at one weekend service.
Essential Job Functions
- Build relationships with children, parents, and volunteers.
- Implement the vision of our kids’ ministry and family ministry into environments designed for elementary-aged children. This includes volunteer recruitment and engagement, budget management, outstanding communication, and database management.
- Recruit, train, shepherd, encourage and schedule all volunteers for elementary environments.
- Plan, adapt, and implement, age-appropriate curriculum for large and small groups during weekend services, as well as other activities that assist in the mission of connecting children and families to Jesus and one another.
- Remain current on trends, teaching, methods, materials, promotional ideas, administrative methods, ministry techniques, etc. and implement these as appropriate.
- Equip parents and other key family members to encourage, support and further the spiritual growth of the children in the program. Work with other departments to facilitate outstanding communications with those families.
Qualifications and Capabilities
- Requires relational skills to effectively carry out the essential job functions of this position
- Ability to handle multiple activities or interruptions at once and to work positively and effectively within a team or self-directed model.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse, and sometimes irate, individuals and to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Effective planning and organization skills.
- Requires relational skills to effectively carry out the essential job functions of this position.
- Ability to handle multiple activities or interruptions.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
USE OF TOOLS:
Standard office equipment including personal computer, multi-line phone
System, fax machine, postage machine, copier and cellular phone.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas.
The Summit Church
3381 NW Chipman Rd
Lees Summit, MO 64081
596 total views, 8 views today