To assist in the overall internal controls of Manhattan Christian College’s accounting system by completing reconciliations on a daily and monthly basis and to perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to be proactive in accomplishing goals and objectives; self-motivated.
- Proven ability to make appropriate decisions without guidance, an independent thinker.
- Confidentiality is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating detail in simple, easy-to-understand language.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Understanding of basic banking processes and activities.
- High level need for accuracy; detail-oriented.
- Proven written communication skills.
- Computer competency in accounting software, spreadsheet applications.
- Proven ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Reconcile all cash/bank accounts to the Blackbaud accounting system and communicate differences daily.
- Monitor and post outstanding transactions to accounting software including reconciling all bank accounts, and scholarship funds, managing and posting student billing accounts, and tracking special project code balances.
- Create and generate financial reports, work with the department on collections, and prepare and process month-end reports.
- Other duties can be varied and sporadic and will be assigned by the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services.
Equipment Used: Computer hardware and peripherals, adding machine, copiers, shredder.
Working Environment: Office near high traffic area; multiple interruptions are possible.
- Reports to the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services.
- Due to the work team environment in the Office of Finance and Administrative Services an expectation of working with all Finance and Administrative Services personnel is necessary.
- Work with Institutional Advancement in handling and verifying donations using multiple transactional platforms.
- The Financial Accountant will represent the entire Office to other college departments and outside businesses. It is vital to the reputation of Christ and the college that appropriate attitudes and actions be modeled in these circumstances.
- It is expected that as a Christian, words, actions, and relationships on and off campus will at all times be to the praise of God’s glory.
Work Hour Expectations:
- Average hours per week: 40
- Average hours per day: 8
- Weeks per year: 50
- Overtime Expectations: Negotiable
Per FLSA guidelines, this position is non-exempt.
Manhattan Christian College
1415 Anderson Ave
Manhattan, KS 66502
To apply click Apply Here select Finance & Administration/Financial Accountant.