Food Service Manager & Retreat Coordinator
This is a year-round full-time position. Responsibilities will be to oversee all kitchen staff, while working with off-season rental groups and assisting with off-season programming.
Areas of Responsibility
Job-Specific: Food Service Manager (FSM)
- The FSM must have a FSM Certification approved by the State of Illinois.
- Oversee all kitchen staff and work with volunteer kitchen help.
- Develop a Food Service Manual and train all staff and volunteers accordingly.
- Assist the Camp Director in hiring, training, & coordinating all kitchen staff.
- Responsible for keeping the kitchen area clean and orderly.
- Responsible for understanding, implementing, and following all State of Illinois guidelines as they relate to food service.
- Responsible for general oversight of SAH Director and SAHs while working in the kitchen.
- Work with the Camp Director in menu planning.
- Responsible for ordering and purchasing all food and non-food items needed for the kitchen.
- Work closely with the Camp Director in planning the Camp Barrel program and Kitchen Help Schedule annually.
- Responsible for working with campers & retreat guests that have specific food allergy concerns, ensuring the safety of all campers/retreat guests.
- Ensure kitchen staff have all meals on time and properly prepared.
- Work, along with the Camp Director, on rental and camp programs regarding meals for programming.
- Display flexibility in meeting special requests from Deans during the summer camp program as it pertains to food and meals.
- Oversee the canteen – working with the director to set pricing, ordering items and overseeing summer staff.
Job-Specific: Retreat Coordinator
- Take the lead in coordinating off-season rental programming.
- Be a contact person for all off-season rental groups.
- Take the lead in booking retreat groups.
- Make recommendations to the Camp Director that will help enhance and grow the camp rental program.
- Assist the Camp Director with off-season programming including but not limited to Annual Meeting, Camp Kick-off, Senior Saints, etc.
- Communicate with Hospitality staff on what needs to be cleaned once guests leave.
- Develop materials that pertain to retreat groups and staffing as necessary. Assist in general office duties such as answering the phone, greeting guests, etc. Assist in overseeing the summer staff and the point of contact when the Director is not available.
- Attend continuing education & training that will contribute to the growth and effectiveness of the camp as recommended and/or approved by the Camp Director or Board of Directors.
- Communicate with the Camp Director on necessary maintenance, purchases, and major repairs.
- Assist in programming areas as needed including but not limited to teambuilding, archery, climbing wall, etc.
- Assist with overseeing social media for LCSC.
- Other duties as needed.
- Reports directly to the Camp Director.
- All Kitchen staff report directly to the FSM, and then to the Camp Director.
- Directly reports any/all specific disciplinary issues and/or inappropriate behavior or discoveries to the Camp Director.
- All meals will be provided during camp programs and rentals as applicable.
- Pay is based upon experience & education.
- 1 unit in the Christian Church Pension Plan
- Vacation Time – 2 weeks paid vacation during the first 5 years, 3 weeks paid vacation each year following.
- Nine Paid Holidays as follows:
- New Year’s Eve,
- New Year’s Day,
- Memorial Day,
- Labor Day,
- Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving,
- Christmas Eve, and
- Christmas Day.
LaMoine Christian Service Camp
2760 East Co Road
Tennessee, IL 62374