GENERAL PASTORAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to counseling, hospital visitation, pastoral visitation, evangelistic calling, officiating at wedding and funerals, teaching and preaching.
SPECIFIC PASTORAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to the following:
Preaching and Teaching
- The Minister is responsible for preaching the Word of God. Messages should include a study of the scriptures and application to daily life.
- The Minister is to execute the mission of the church to lead people to a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The Minister is to work with the Elders in creating and implementing the overall vision and direction of the church. He shall be the primary communicator of that vision to the church body.
- Our Vision at Midway Christian Church is to be a Bible-based community of believers growing:
- Deeper through worship.
- Larger through evangelism
- Stronger through discipleship
- Closer through fellowship
- The Minister will operate in an elder-guided and staff-managed leadership structure.
- The Minister is to work with the elders in the development of church policies.
- The Minister must uphold Reaching Lost People as the primary purpose of the church.
- He must model how to share the life-changing gospel of Christ through his preaching and teaching, as well as personal involvement.
- He shall lead and organize efforts to evangelize the lost.
- The Minister is to be a vital part of the Shepherding Program at Midway, a program designed to bring leaders into intentional relationships with members of the church for the purposes of encouragement and support. The biblical basis for the Shepherding model shall be found in Psalm 23: 1-4, Isaiah 40:11, Ezekiel 34:12, John 10:11-18 and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- The minister is responsible to give oversight and direction to administrative staff.
- He shall assist the administrative staff in maintaining the church calendar, making sure use of the church facilities are prioritized for official church activities or for church members.
- The Minister shall be committed to the personal study of scripture and the practice of prayer.
- He shall identify or create networks amongst his peers for fellowship and encouragement.
- He shall take one spiritual retreat day per month. This day will be taken during a normal work day for the purpose of providing spiritual health for the minister.
- He shall attend a regional or national conference each year for professional growth for the purposes of growing his ministry with the church.
Midway Christian Church
1406 Hog Mountain Rd, Winder, GA 30680
1,935 total views, 6 views today