ABOUT: Newton Christian Church is a non-denominational, independent Christian church with an average weekly morning attendance of 150 in Newton, KS, located about 25 minutes north of Wichita, KS. Our leadership consists of and elder team with three main elders. Our staff consists of a full-time associate pastor of music and student ministry, a part-time children’s director, and a part-time office admin.
OBJECTIVE: We are currently seeking a full-time lead pastor with spiritual maturity, excellent leadership skills, and doctrinal beliefs embraced by independent Christian churches. Prefer applicant with several years’ experience in ministry who can supervise staff, and preach at one service each Sunday morning, which is broadcasted live to our website and app. The Lead Pastor has primary responsibility for preaching and teaching the Word of God and to provide leadership, shepherding, and vision to the Body in partnership with the Elders, Staff, Ministry Teams and Congregation.
- Christian Church (Restoration Movement) Background Strongly Preferred
- Bible College Degree (Bachelor’s Preferred)
- Several Years of Ministry Experience, preferably as a lead pastor
- Potential and desire to remain in a long-term ministry at NCC.
- Value prayer and hold a high view of Scripture
- Ability to understand and be led by the Holy Spirit
- Healthy work ethic (Invests time in family, sets good boundaries, and maintains
time for personal spiritual growth)
- Must have a strong faith, characterized by spiritual maturity, discernment, and integrity
- Technologically Sound
- Be the primary preacher/teacher on Sunday mornings, clearly and dynamically conveying the Gospel message to both believers and non-believers.
- Oversees the daily operations and staff of the church.
- Oversee the general welfare and shepherding of the church body which includes the evaluation of and prayer for the spiritual needs of the congregation.
- Define and communicate strategic goals and the vision for ministry that God gives to this congregation.
- Work closely with staff and elders to: identify needs of the church, to plan/develop new ideas, ministries or programs, through attainable and measurable goals.
- Have a desire to see the church grow through small groups.
- Have a desire for outreach and community engagement and involvement.
- Lead and equip leadership and church members to lead effectively (delegate responsibilities as needed).
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart as a growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Pursue regular professional development (conferences, seminars, etc.).
Newton Christian Church
210 Southport Dr.
Newton, KS 67114
If you have questions, email Rick Hankins firstname.lastname@example.org 316-283-5998.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Cover letter and current resume
- List of character references
- Provide links to sermon(s)
- Written answers to the following questions:
- What is your Church background?
- How would you describe your ministry experience to this point and what kind of future ministry are you seeking?
- What aspects of ministry are you most enthusiastic about?
- What is your leadership style and how have you implemented it in your prior ministry experience?
- How would you describe your preaching style and sermon planning strategy?
1,526 total views, 6 views today