Lead Pastor for English Ministry (Part-Time)
Our church is a community of believers desiring to know God as He has revealed Himself through the Scriptures. We firmly believe in the authority and sufficiency of Scripture alone and the power of humble prayer. We put our faith and hope in Jesus Christ alone as Lord and Savior. His completed work through the cross and resurrection is the only means for salvation. We strive to make great the name of the Lord Jesus in all that we say and do, specifically in the way we live and in proclaiming the Gospel to the lost around us.
We seek a man who fully trusts and faithfully follows the Lord Jesus in obedience. A man who diligently turns to the Word of God and prayer for instruction, guidance and his means for help and defense.
This is a bi-vocational part-time position. We are a church with 30-60 members.
Qualifications for Strong Candidate
- Exhibits evidence of Christian leadership and character as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 in public, private and family settings.
- The husband of one wife.
- Knowledge of the Scriptures, both contextually and applicably.
- Doctrinally aligned with The Baptist Faith & Message 2000. hps://Faith & Message
- Held accountable regarding biblical ethics and obedience, and partake in church discipline as necessary (for himself and others)
- A heart for the lost locally and globally, and endeavors to see them come to saving faith by means of evangelism.
- Trained in discipling believers with the aim of going out among the lost.
- Actively supports mission work locally and globally.
Our congregation is a multi-generational blend of Vietnamese and American cultures, requiring the following skill sets:
- Bi-lingual, specifically Vietnamese and English.
- Seminary Degree is preferred, or corresponding further education in Theology, Discipleship, Education, Church Leadership or Pastoral Ministry.
- Minimum 2 yr. experience working with high school through college/career ages.
- Minimum 1 yr. experience working with a Gospel-centered mission organization.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Assertive in initiatives and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate independently, in group dynamics and multi-functional teams.
- Effective time management, administration and planning skills with strong attention to detail.
- Intentional evaluation during and after completion of tasks/projects.
Defined role expectations
- Plan and lead weekly worship services.
- Collaborate with Senior Pastor in
- Fulfilling God’s vision for the church through biblical literacy and pursuit of godly living.
- Cultivating and maintaining unity of purpose.
- Shepherding of church members.
- Oversee development and execution of discipleship training for the purpose of fulfilling Matthew 28:19-20 commission.
- Present quarterly documented metrics and budgets regarding EM progress and health to EM cabinet and deacons.
- Create and implement separate discipleship pathways for various age groups and genders:
- College/Career (Men & Women).
- High School (Co-ed).
- Partner with other involved ministries to equip parents to be primary disciple makers of the family.
- 2 weeks PTO.
- Medical Insurance provided.
Immanuel Vietnamese Baptist Church
1401 W Maple St
Wichita, KS 67213
To apply email your cover letter, references, and sample sermon to firstname.lastname@example.org