Minister of Youth and Worship
Tonganoxie Christian Church is excited to be searching for our next Minister of Youth and Worship! We are looking for an individual who loves Jesus, kids and music. While we recognize that the best candidates will be stronger in one area than the other, we seek to hire someone who fits well within our church and community…and who can work with us to help these areas grow. Tonganoxie is a great place to live and raise a family, TCC has a great congregation! We want to invest in you while we invest in our next generation. Come join the team!
The Minister of Youth and Worship is responsible for the development and implementation of the Youth Ministry and Worship Ministry at TCC. This person will play a key role in our spiritual development as a congregation!
- Passionate about Jesus Christ.
- Loves investing in and working with students (Middle School, High School,) and their families.
- Reliable, trustworthy, and excellent at following through on duties.
- Creative, growing, and flexible to adapt to circumstances.
- Able to offer pastoral care when needed.
- Gifted to teach and model the heart of Jesus to our students and congregation.
- Strong understanding of theology, with beliefs compatible with TCC.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, strategic plan, and values of TCC and the Restoration Movement heritage.
- Posses appropriate judgement, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Immersed believer and follower of Jesus.
- Growing relationship with God as evidenced by actions, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Striving to live out the fruit of the Spirit.
- Relates well to both students and adults.
- Good leadership skills, committed to work well with a team, and willing to recruit and delegate responsibilities to volunteers.
- Excellent at leading groups and programs that facilitate spiritual growth for students.
- Strong vocal and/or instrumental skills.
- Experience in leading worship, and excited to develop vocalists and musicians.
- Skilled (or willing to gain skill) in the use of technology in worship. Includes sound, lighting, graphics, and streaming.
- Intentional in pursuing connections to different schools in our community and surrounding region.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Christian College preferred.
- Youth Ministry and Worship Ministry experience is preferred.
- Help to develop and implement the vision for Youth Ministry in collaboration with volunteers and staff.
- Help to develop and implement the vision for Worship Ministry in collaboration with volunteers and staff.
- Teaching (by yourself or with others) at our students’ classes.
- Coordinate and/or lead worship in our three weekly services. Done in conjunction with the senior minister.
- Oversee A/V tech team, including recruiting. Equipping, and leading. Responsible for our A/V equipment in the church.
- Further TCC’s strategic plan and evaluate regularly how goals have been attained.
- Engage in events (such as FCA) at the local schools to develop good relationships and rapport with students and adults.
- Provide leadership and training for volunteers.
- Offer pastoral care and encouragement to students and volunteers.
- Responsible for Youth Ministry and Worship Ministry budget.
- Manage and develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers, and parents informed.
- Coordinate events such as retreats, camp, conferences, etc.
- Cover assigned responsibilities as a staff member of TCC.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tonganoxie Christian Church
204 Washington St.
Tonganoxie, KS 66086