Crossroads Christian Church is looking for a Music Pastor. Crossroads is a 29 year old Restoration Movement church in the Kansas City suburbs. We have an average weekend attendance of 600 across three Sunday morning services.
- Oversee a plan of ministry through music.
- Lead and oversee all music programming for Sunday services, including song selection, music, and vocal teams.
- Work alongside the senior pastor to try and coordinate planning of Sunday services, in particular with the preaching schedule.
- Develop, train, and build a team of volunteers.
- The music pastor directly leads the music team, therefore will be responsible for, and expected to, recruit, train, and develop a team of singers and musicians.
- This role also oversees the sound and media teams, and as such will assist those volunteer team leaders in building and developing their teams as well.
- Collaborate with the staff of Crossroads in order to fulfill the vision and mission.
- In addition to their primary role as on staff, at times we all have to wear an additional hat here and there. This person will embrace humility in doing so, recognizing that our primary goal as a staff is to fulfill the mission of the church to make disciples for Jesus.
Additional Expectations and Responsibilities
- Model high standards in your own personal, family and devotional life.
- Maintain a good example in your relationships with others, studying, praying, tithing, etc.
- A personal dedication to your own spiritual growth is required.
- The person chosen for this role will be expected to hold high personal integrity both at home and in the workplace, be competent and confident yet coachable, have a strong work ethic, and be of high personal and professional character.
- Strong communication skills are required – both within the staff and ministry teams, and outwardly to others in the church.
- Adhere to the policies in the staff policy book, as well as the expectations of Crossroads Christian Church membership.
- Be willing to build relationships and invest in the lives of people in the church.
- Serve as the staff overseer to the Sound Ministry Team and Media Ministry Teams.
- Additional ministry teams could be assigned in the future, based on relationships and proximity to your ministry area.
- Have experience with or be able to learn a proficient level of knowledge with, Behringer X32 sound boards.
- Be available to share your gifts and talents in other areas of the church ministry as time permits. There will be opportunities to take the lead on church-wide events and outreaches. While we do get to have primary areas of focus in the church, we do at times branch out to help in other areas.
Crossroads Christian Church
5855 Renner Rd.
Shawnee, KS 66217
For more information about the church, the position, or the community, please email us. For a full Job Description, please email us. To apply send resume and references to Kurt Witten at firstname.lastname@example.org.