Provide direction and oversight for the NextGen Department as the primary disciple maker for NextGen ministries (birth – 18) with a focus on leading middle and high school students towards our vision of turning broken people into relentless, loving servants of Christ.
Scope of Responsibility
- Embody the philosophy of the PPCC ministry while developing and implementing the structure and strategy of the NextGen Ministry.
- Serve as the primary communicator for Middle School and High School Sunday services.
- Pastor all participants involved in NextGen ministries including children and youth, their parents and families, volunteers, etc.
- Provide children, youth, young adults, and parents with pastoral care as necessary to help them achieve a God-honoring home.
- Cast a compelling vision and embody the philosophy of the PPCC ministry and assist in the implementation of the structure and strategy of the NextGen Ministry.
- Provide parents with culturally relevant information to help them communicate more fully with their children by bridging the gap between them and their students.
- Work directly with the NextGen staff for the purposes of, but not limited to vision, strategy, ministry goals, program development, training, planning, and communication.
- Develop administrative systems, processes, policies, and procedures for the NextGen Ministry for human resources, financial management, communications to staff, volunteers, NextGen Ministry participants and PPCC leadership, etc.
- Actively recruit, onboard, mentor, develop and manage, etc. all NextGen employees, childcare workers, volunteers, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and implement a recruitment and training strategy for volunteers and leaders for the NextGen Ministry.
- Create, coordinate, recruit for and manage a NextGen Council made up of staff members, parents, and senior high students to keep the ministry moving in the right direction by providing input from the sheep to help the shepherds and shepherd the entire flock.
- Create, coordinate, and manage NextGen events planning which build bridges for the NextGen ministry including, but not limited to, all Sunday services, outreach ministries, seasonal events (such as VBS), etc. Includes conducting events where necessary.
- Develop technology, media and graphics for use in the NextGen Ministry.
- Manage budgets and financial statements for the entire NextGen program.
- Manage all NextGen program administrative tasks and personnel.
- Provide leadership, direction, oversight and care for the NextGen Ministry staff and volunteers which includes, but is not limited to, clear and regular communication of responsibilities and performance evaluations.
- Develop and maintain effective security and safety protocol within the NextGen Kids’ Ministry which includes, but is not limited to, check-in and check-out procedures, maintaining secure areas, teacher policies, background checks, emergency plans, and classroom rules and procedures.
- Develop, implement and manage a strategy to reach and bring new children and their families into the church family. This includes a follow up plan for new attenders.
- Oversee the Childcare ministry that serves other ministries in the church.
- Coordinate and oversee the SHINE program, participants and families and integrate in existing programs when possible and create appropriate special programs when needed.
- Oversee all text, social media, and email communication to students/parents.
- Work closely with the Staff to ensure the ministry is fulfilling the overall mission and vision of PPCC and helping other ministries who depend on the Children’s Ministry to do the same.
- Speak to the congregation in the main services when requested.
- Communicate wins, struggles, needs, and upcoming ministry events to the Executive Pastor.
- As needed, plan and conduct events that build bridges for the NextGen ministry including, but not limited to, all Sunday services, outreach ministries, seasonal events (such as VBS), etc.
- Provide instruction and training regarding the ordinances of baptism and communion, leading youth, and young adults in the process of surrendering their lives to Christ and assisting with baptisms as requested.
- Participate in the baptism and child dedication of NextGen Ministry participants.
- Has a shepherd’s heart that cares deeply for teammates, volunteers, members, and guests.
- Able to show compassion, grace, and mercy to others and to pray with them.
- Able to be trusted with confidential information.
- Has worked part-time or full-time on a church or ministry staff.
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree in ministry or related field experience.
- Possesses skills or can learn to use technology tools, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Planning Center, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.
- Able to multitask, problem-solve and adapt under pressure.
- Able to lead teams and volunteer leaders creatively and collaboratively.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to manage time effectively and manage interruptions.
- Must be a baptized believer in Christ who fully supports the ministry of Pikes Peak Christian Church.
- Humility: Thinks of others more than self and thinks of God most of all.
- Honesty: Willing to speak truthfully and admit personal failures.
- Harmony: Works toward maintaining unity in staff relationships, refusing to participate in gossip and protecting confidential information.
- Honor: Speaks well of those in leadership and supports their ministry.
- Hunger: An active member of Pikes Peak Christian Church who is devoted to spiritual disciplines, such as Bible study, fellowship, prayer, giving and serving.
- Hard Work: Sets an example by putting forth good effort for the work of God’s Kingdom.
- Humor: Able to laugh at oneself and laugh with others.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and type or use a computer.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must have the ability to handle high pressure and time sensitive situations with grace and integrity.
Pikes Peak Christian Church
4955 Bradley Rd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80911
Please send a cover letter and resume to the Executive Pastor, Matt Ross email@example.com