Part Time Pastor
Randolph Community Church is a small but very active church located in a town of 150+ people, 30 minutes north of Manhattan, KS. Average attendance is 45 people for Sunday morning worship, but outreach events touch many people throughout the community. Currently we are looking for a part-time pastor and yet we believe there is potential for growth. We have recently disaffiliated from the United Methodist Church. Our prayer is God blesses us with a pastor that will encourage, inspire, and help us grow.
- Preach a Biblically sound message each Sunday to teach God’s Word and lead people to know and serve the Lord more fully.
- Be present and provide spiritual leadership to administrative council meetings and other governing decisions of the church.
- Officiate weddings, funerals, and baptisms/dedications as requested.
- Visit church members in nursing homes, hospitals, or at home in need of spiritual care.
- Be present and provide spiritual guidance at community dinners (1 per month serving around 100 people), Bible & Bologna (each home middle-school game), Vacation Bible School (3-days during the summer with around 60 youth) and other events as needed.
- Start an adult Sunday School or Bible study.
- Compose a monthly newsletter to be emailed to church members.
- Provide guidance to the worship committee on music selection and prepare PowerPoint slides to guide the congregation through the worship on TV monitors.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the Bible and a strong Christian conviction.
- We would prefer you to be ordained by a church or accredited body, but this is not required.
Beneficial Skills May Include:
- Strong character,
- Public speaking,
- Compassion for struggles and concerns of others,
- Ability to communicate clearly.
Randolph Community Church
105 East Garrison
Randolph, KS 66554
For more information or to apply (send resume and references) to Allen or Robin Reid, email@example.com 913-360-2886 (Allen) or 785-406-0638 (Robin)
Applications will be reviewed as received and the position will be filled when the right person is found. We are praying for the correct person to lead this church forward and we are being careful in the selection process.